ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » JMS client JNDI bindings and configuration for SSL

JMS client JNDI bindings and configuration for SSL « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vimal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: JMS client JNDI bindings and configuration for SSL Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I have a third party java based vendor product currently using ME01 support pack and using WMQInitialContestFactory to connect with MQ connection factory w/o SSL. However we have upgraded the MQ to version 9 and provisioned SSL on the server connection factory. I need to know if there is another support pack to use in this regards , and if there is any JNDI bindings file template/properties to help the client application configuration. Please advise.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: JMS client JNDI bindings and configuration for SSL Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

vimal wrote:
Hi,

I have a third party java based vendor product currently using ME01 support pack and using WMQInitialContestFactory to connect with MQ connection factory w/o SSL.

Don't use it anymore. It was a bad idea when it was released and was meant for simple applications to do simple testing but people built real applications and deployed them to production.

WMQInitialContestFactory does not support ANY form of secuirty, so don't use it.

Just use file based MQ JNDI that the major of the world uses.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
vimal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you for the reply. The vendor product's console which I am using, has listener ( client connection) configurable item with fields for JNDI URL, connection factory (conn pram string) and connection properties (jms properties). I am assuming WMQInitialContext class was driven by using ME01 support pack. Would you be able to point me to some documentation around MQv9 for help with this setup? The vendor support believes that there should be a different initial context class supporting the use of JNDI binding property file, but not sure what it might be and expect that from IBM support. Please advise. Appreciate the help in advance
vimal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Also I found this document around JNDI file based binding
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6PEW_10.0.0/com.ibm.help.secure.deploy.doc/security/FND_SecuringWSMQMsging.html

Should I follow the instructions mentioned in the above link? If so, after running the JMSAdmin tool and creating the JNDI objects for connection factory and queue, should the file be copied on the client server? Where do the keystore and key specification on the client side? in the same file bindings file or a different file? Please help me out.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

First, we are not here to do your job. Use Google (or Bing if you must) but ALWAYS read the MQ Knowledge Center.

vimal wrote:
Should I follow the instructions mentioned in the above link?

You should be following the IBM MQ instructions rather than the Sterling Order Management System. But in reality, they should be both the same.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.dev.doc/q032740_.htm

vimal wrote:
after running the JMSAdmin tool and creating the JNDI objects for connection factory and queue, should the file be copied on the client server?

If you want the client application to use it!!!!!!!

vimal wrote:
Where do the keystore and key specification on the client side? in the same file bindings file or a different file?

I'm guessing that you don't like reading the MQ Knowledge Center. See link above.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
vimal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you very much.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » JMS client JNDI bindings and configuration for SSL
Jump to: