ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » File Output node CSV message issues

File Output node CSV message issues « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
my_mqmb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: File Output node CSV message issues Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,

I am sending a CSV value to a fileoutput node and the end result in the linux system when i open the text file is showing chinese character ..

But within linux when i do a cat the csv text file looks proper.

When i take that CSV text file to windows and open through notepad ++ and change the encoding to Windows 1256 the file is again looking a proper CSV file

Is the fileoutput node causing this issue ?

also file -i command is showing the file type as :

application/octet-stream; charset=binary

do i have to play with the content type in the message properties before outputting to FO node ?

kindly help
timber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Is the fileoutput node causing this issue ?
No - almost certainly not.
Quote:
When i take that CSV text file to windows
Did you transfer using FTP? If so, did you use BINARY mode? Because if you did not, then your text file will have changed.
Quote:
do i have to play with the content type in the message properties before outputting to FO node ?
I don't advise 'playing with' settings when trying to fix a software issue. Better to understand why the problem is happening and then make your fix with confidence.
But yes, if you did not carefully choose the value of OutputRoot.Properties.CodedCharSetId then now would be a good time to do so

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » File Output node CSV message issues
Jump to: