ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Changing MQSI_REGISTRY location

Changing MQSI_REGISTRY location « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
alaychem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Changing MQSI_REGISTRY location Reply with quote

Acolyte

I want to move the IIB configuration folder (/iibconfig at my machine, since it's a local installation) to other location.
Moving and changing $MQSI_REGISTRY to the new path resulted with:

BIP9107-Registry not found.
Explanation
The program tried to find the path to its registry. To find the registry the environment variable MQSI_REGISTRY is evaluated. This variable does not exist, is empty, or is too long. The program stops.

allthough it's not empty nor void.

Starting new session didn't help.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Changing MQSI_REGISTRY location Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alaychem wrote:

BIP9107-Registry not found.
Explanation
The program tried to find the path to its registry. To find the registry the environment variable MQSI_REGISTRY is evaluated. This variable does not exist, is empty, or is too long. The program stops.

allthough it's not empty nor void.

Is it too long?

alaychem wrote:
Starting new session didn't help.

So you're entirely sure the variable is not empty, points to a readable / writable location, is not too long and exists in the command shell in which the runtime is being invoked?
alaychem
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Sorry for the necromancy.

I found out that actually there is no formal way to do this , at least with local installation.

The mqsicreatebroker command can include the -w flag to set a new workpath, but still a workpath folder will remain at the original location, with some of the configuration active.

I found someone who offers a workaround - set MQSI_REGISTRY, MQSI_WORKPATH MQSI_EXTENSIONS_PATH and MQSI_LILPATH enviroment variables, but I'm not going to try that.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Changing MQSI_REGISTRY location
Jump to: