ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » JMS over AMQP TLS v1.2 in IIB v9.0.0.2 MQ 7.5

JMS over AMQP TLS v1.2 in IIB v9.0.0.2 MQ 7.5 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vickas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: JMS over AMQP TLS v1.2 in IIB v9.0.0.2 MQ 7.5 Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi experts ,
Jus want to know if TLS v1.2 is supported in IIB v9.0.0.2 ?
The Info center v9 ( currently shows 9.0.0.8 on web ) clearly states that http & soap request nodes support TLS v1.2 , but in v9.0.0.2 Infocenter , it doesnt talk about that. Can anyone clarify me on this ?

I need to implement AMQP 1.0 ( Advance message queue protocol) with IIB v9
can this be done in IIB v9.0.0.2 + MQ 7.5 ???
I read that the support for AMQP starts from MQ 8.0.0.4 , if this is the case , the only way to implement AMQP is by setting up the MQ version equal to or greater than 8.0.0.4 ?

Anyone can help me to know on this ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: TLS v1.2 in IIB v9.0.0.2 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vickas wrote:
Hi experts ,
The Info center v9 ( currently shows 9.0.0.8 on web ) clearly states that http & soap request nodes support TLS v1.2 , but in v9.0.0.2 Infocenter , it doesnt talk about that. Can anyone clarify me on this ?

I read that the support for AMQP starts from MQ 8.0.0.4 , if this is the case , the only way to implement AMQP is by setting up the MQ version equal to or greater than 8.0.0.4 ?

You should upgrade MQ anyway because MQ7.5 is out of support. At the same time upgrade IIB and you can have II10 with MQ9.1...

Hope this helps
vickas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TLS v1.2 in IIB v9.0.0.2 Reply with quote

Centurion

fjb_saper wrote:
vickas wrote:
Hi experts ,

You should upgrade MQ anyway because MQ7.5 is out of support. At the same time upgrade IIB and you can have II10 with MQ9.1...

Hope this helps

Hi Fjb , thanks for the reply.
but jus want to know if MQ 7.5 supports TLS v1.2 .

Can you please help me on to get a clear understanding on JMS using AMQP

If am not wrong , JMS is the java messaging API and AMQP is a protocol .As we know that there is no protocol restriction for JMS , so i believe AMQP can be used in JMS.

from my understanding , In a normal JMS client Application deployed on the integration node , the provider url on the JMS Input node finds the location of the JNDI bindings which holds the connectionfactory , the connection factory in turn holds the channel and queues information and thats how the communication happens.

My requirement is to subscribe the messages over AMQP 1.0 with TLS v1.2 and channel encryption enabled using IIB v9.0.0.2 + MQ 7.5 .
so here , do i have to define AMQP channels , enable TLS v1.2 ( for channel encrytion) and use JMS nodes (Active MQ) to consume the messages ?
Am i correct here ? my basic doubt is , what role do channels (which are created on myside queue manager) play in transmitting messages over JMS ?

I have read that the support for AMQP is starting from MQ version 8.0.0.4 , if this the way it works , upgrading the MQ version is the only option left ?
and is TLS v1.2 supported by MQ 7.5 ?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » JMS over AMQP TLS v1.2 in IIB v9.0.0.2 MQ 7.5
Jump to: