ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral DiscussionMQRFH2 in App Connect MQ Activity (Cast Iron)

MQRFH2 in App Connect MQ Activity (Cast Iron) View previous topic :: View next topic
MrSmith
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:04 am Post subject: MQRFH2 in App Connect MQ Activity (Cast Iron) Reply with quote

Master

Have posted on a Cast Iron forum , but doesn't look like it is attended much so thought might try here under general as there is no specific forum...

I wish to create a Publication message for MQ via Cast Iron MQ Activity - the message body is sorted and I have found a MQRFH2 schema to import BUT in MQ as you know many of the "values" for certain fields are defined in like an alias form rather than hard coding values ....some example would be MQRFH_STRUC_ID or MQRFH_VERSION_2 and these values would be "substituted" according the the system from which the message is being Put, so my question is how are those aliases / values made available to Studio so that I may assign them to a variable for the MQ Activity, if I look at StrucId for MQRFH2 for instance it says its a length of 4 but if i try to assign MQRH_STRUC_ID it takes it as the literal and says its too long rather than taking the value of which the alias represents, this obviously applies to many of the other elements with the RFH2 that I might want to set.

Second question, I see there is the If...Then logic option in the activities panel but how to achieve the same logic in the mapping - i.e. i have a variable X which represents a queuename so if an Activity variable or Orchestration variable equals a certain value the queuename will be XX otherwise YY, aka the logic is applied at the variable level not at the orchestration level or is this not possible??

Appreciate this may be very specific but i have had a look about and can find no really well attended App connect / Cast Iron forums and as they say "any port in a storm"

Thanks in advance

P.S. Hope that all makes sense!!!
P.P.S Apologies Admin if this message is not suitable for this forum either
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I'm not at all familiar with Cast Iron.

Are you saying that you literally moved/copied "MQRFH_STRUC_ID" or MQRFH_VERSION_2" to MQMD fields? These are MQMD field names, not values.

Read about MQMD fields here https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.dev.doc/q097410_.html
MrSmith
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Bruce - thanks for the reply

Well yes and No

Yes in the sense that having installed a module (jars files and therefore the MQ jar files) I was expecting that the MQRFH_STRUC_ID being normal value of RFH that it would substitute that in there and in the same way as rfhutil you can use those fields in the MQMD or similar but it literally took the value "MQRFH_STRUC_ID" and then threw the error which is fine, so my next question to any cast iron gurus out there is how do i get these fields into the mapping in cast iron or cant you - i dont want to assign a default value of RFH as this potentually could change and presumably was the reason, or one of them, as to why IBM use these fields to represent different underlying values??

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral DiscussionMQRFH2 in App Connect MQ Activity (Cast Iron)
Jump to: