ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Parsing characters with accent marks

DFDL Parsing characters with accent marks « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Dharamteja
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: DFDL Parsing characters with accent marks Reply with quote

Hi All ,

I'm converting data from pipe delimited to Fixed length but my input data contains some accent mark characters due to that I'm not getting fixed length properly

could you please tell me which Encoding(code page) should I use in DFDL property , I have tried with ISO-8859-1 but no use and I have tried with UTF-8 also but accent characters are changed to another character , my intention is I have to parse the entire data with out any length issue please help me
rekarm01
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DFDL Parsing characters with accent marks Reply with quote

Grand Master

Dharamteja wrote:
I'm converting data from pipe delimited to Fixed length

Fixed length what? Bits? Bytes? Characters? Something else? "Fixed length" doesn't mean much without also mentioning fixed length units.

Dharamteja wrote:
could you please tell me which Encoding(code page) should I use in DFDL property

That partly depends on what the receiving application(s) will tolerate. But if the DFDL schema indicates (or implies) that lengthUnits is 'bytes', then it's probably better to stick with a single-byte character set, such as ISO 8859-1.

Dharamteja wrote:
I have tried with ISO-8859-1 but no use

Tried how? What does "no use" mean? More details would help here.

Dharamteja wrote:
and I have tried with UTF-8 also but accent characters are changed to another character

Changed how? Are they changed within the message, or is whatever display tool used to view the contents just not displaying them correctly?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Did you try using the InputRoot.Properties.CodedCharSetId for the output?
This way no conversion should be necessary for the characters in question?
timber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I'm converting data from pipe delimited to Fixed length but my input data contains some accent mark characters
You are not thinking clearly about the problem.
Your message flow needs to map the input data to the output data. Not just the field names but also the *values*. Every character that could possibly occur in the input data needs to be mapped to the output, or else trigger an error.

You have told us almost nothing about your output format. What length units are the 'fixed length' fields using? What character encodings will the receiving application accept? If you send multi-byte characters as part of a fixed-number-of-bytes field, will the receiving application be able to handle them?
Dharamteja
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response , My issue got resolved

I have changed UTF-8 encoding in Input dfdl (pipe-delimited) and same was updated in output dfdl(fixed length ) as well and length units I changed from bytes to chars then I got length properly

I have parsed same data (blob) to another flow to insert into AS400 db but I parsed them as blob and converting into chars with ccsid 1208 and I didn't mention encoding then those accent characters also inserting into db as it is (not converted into another char )

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Parsing characters with accent marks
Jump to: