ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Combining multiple where statements in MQSC script

Combining multiple where statements in MQSC script « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Combining multiple where statements in MQSC script Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi, I am trying unsuccessfully to combine multiple "Where" clause in the MQSC script.

We just did a minor upgrade on our MQ system and I want to ensure that after the upgrade all the client applications are processing (putting/getting) messages from queue sucessfully.

So I tried to combine the where clause where the Queue last Get time is null and current depth is greater than 0. it will tell me whether the request/response is working or the queue is just piling up the request messages.

the command I tried is
dis qs(PRODQM1.*) where(LGETTIME EQ '' and curdepth GT 0)

But I got an error saying it is not valid syntax,
I am wondering how can I combine multiple "WHERE" statements?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Combining multiple where statements in MQSC script Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vicks_mq wrote:
Hi, I am trying unsuccessfully to combine multiple "Where" clause in the MQSC script.

We just did a minor upgrade on our MQ system and I want to ensure that after the upgrade all the client applications are processing (putting/getting) messages from queue sucessfully.

So I tried to combine the where clause where the Queue last Get time is null and current depth is greater than 0. it will tell me whether the request/response is working or the queue is just piling up the request messages.

the command I tried is
dis qs(PRODQM1.*) where(LGETTIME EQ '' and curdepth GT 0)

But I got an error saying it is not valid syntax,
I am wondering how can I combine multiple "WHERE" statements?

AFAIK MQSCAUX tool from Paul can do that but not standard runmqsc... (and I have no interest in Paul's company...)
You could also try and create a PCF message to see if you get the desired result...
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Combining multiple where statements in MQSC script Reply with quote

Poobah

fjb_saper wrote:

AFAIK MQSCAUX tool from Paul can do that but not standard runmqsc... (and I have no interest in Paul's company...)

That tool by MQGem is called MQSCX.
Capitalware's Exit (one of) is MQAUSX.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Thanks for setting me straight Peter.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Combining multiple where statements in MQSC script
Jump to: