ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » reading message from MQ Queue

reading message from MQ Queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ninja_gts
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: reading message from MQ Queue Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have a requirement to develop a subflow which will write message from a MQ Queue to database and empty the Queue on the basis of time stamp like yesterday logs will be written today with Scenario like if due to some exception, message failed to be written in database then message will rollback to the queue in order to prevent message from loosing.

Please help me to develop this flow
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: reading message from MQ Queue Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ninja_gts wrote:
I have a requirement to develop a subflow which will write message from a MQ Queue to database

Why a subflow?

Ninja_gts wrote:
and empty the Queue on the basis of time stamp like yesterday logs will be written today

So use the put date and time from the message as a timestamp column in the database.

Ninja_gts wrote:
with Scenario like if due to some exception, message failed to be written in database then message will rollback to the queue in order to prevent message from loosing.

This is out of the box transactional processing for broker.

Ninja_gts wrote:
Please help me to develop this flow

What have you tried? What went wrong / didn't meet your requirements? Or do you just want us to develop it for you to save time?

The only slightly odd thing is your assertion that this has to be a subflow, which I don't see the rational for. Everything else you've described can be achieved with 2 nodes.
Ninja_gts
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried this by using MQ Output and Compute node but the difficulties which i am facing is that I am not able to read the message as per my requirement that is I want to read the all the message which is older than than the Current Timestamp.

I am not able handle this in compute node.

Can anyone provide me the code for a Compute node or any other way to do this.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ninja_gts wrote:
I have tried this by using MQ Output and Compute node but the difficulties which i am facing is that I am not able to read the message as per my requirement that is I want to read the all the message which is older than than the Current Timestamp.

So explain to me why you would need to filter. Does your requirement not mean any message that's available on the queue? Explain to us how you would get a message with a date newer than the current timestamp. And please remember that all MQ Timestamps are in UTC.

Have fun
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ninja_gts wrote:

Well one difficulty is that you're trying to read messages with an MQOutput node.

Also, given that the current timestamp is now, how exactly would you get a message which isn't older than the current timestamp?

Ninja_gts wrote:

Well no, the Compute node (like all of IIB) is based on a 4 dimensional model where the past is the thing that happened before now and the future is the thing which hasn't happened yet, so it's going to have trouble with the concept of looking for things that are going to happen in the future and filtering them out (not sure if that Schrodinger's Message or a new application of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle).

Likewise the software assumes a standard causality, where cause -> effect, so there's not much hope of you reading messages by putting them with an MQOutput node.

Ninja_gts wrote:

You need to install the code in either a DeLorian or a 1960s London police box. I still don't think this is going to help with your causality problems.
Ninja_gts
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry....
Actually it is not MQ Output Node but MQ Input node and message which I want to read is older than Current Date which I earlier mentioned as Current TimeStamp.
I am really sorry for it.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ninja_gts wrote:
Actually it is not MQ Output Node but MQ Input node

That's going to work a lot better for you

Ninja_gts wrote:
and message which I want to read is older than Current Date which I earlier mentioned as Current TimeStamp.

Which is all of them since, as I think I laid out above, messages tend not to arrive from the future.

Ninja_gts wrote:
I am really sorry for it.

You've ended up at the place you need to be

While I, personally, would use a Compute node (because I'm ), if you're as inexperienced with IIB as you sound in this post you might get a better experience replacing the Compute node with a more modern alternative. All that helpful wizards & pictures to do the heavy lifting, and with very little loss of performance.

(There now follows a brief pause as a lot of IBM people sharpen metal objects and prepare to explain to me that there's no loss of performance. Repeatedly, very hard and in a bloody fashion......)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » reading message from MQ Queue
Jump to: