ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » CAST as BLOB loses x'0d0a

CAST as BLOB loses x'0d0a « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jb3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: CAST as BLOB loses x'0d0a Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have two systems integrated through IIB 9.

System A to System B

System A sends a SWIFT message in an XML wrapper [CCSID 850 Encoding 546] --> IIB strips the XML wrapper and CASTs the SWIFT message as BLOB --> System B

Since IIB has to strip the XML wrapper and pass just the SWIFT message to System B, IIB does not have any SWIFT libraries/messagesets. That is why BLOB.

When System A sends the SWIFT message, there is <CR><LF>/x'0d0a after the tags, however when I cast as BLOB there is only <LF>/x'0a.
This is causing issue at System B. I want to retain the <CR><LF>/x'0d0a in BLOB.

I have tried cast as BLOB [CCSID 850 Encoding 546], and also as [CCSID 819 Encoding 546], both of them result in <LF>/x'0a.
As a backup, i am now replacing <LF>/x'0a with <CR><LF>/x'0d0a in BLOB.

System B to System A

System B sends plain SWIFT message [CCSID 819 Encoding 546] --> IIB reads it as BLOB, and then casts it as CHAR (819,546), puts a XML wrapper and sends --> System A.

In this interface <CR><LF>/x'0d0a is retained all through from System B to System A, which is exactly how the above interface should be too.

Please guide if i am doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of CAST as BLOB.

Thanks
timber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

This one is easy to explain, but only if you happen to know the answer...

System A to System B
The XML specification requires that every XML parser follows this rule
Quote:
To simplify the tasks of applications, the XML processor MUST behave as if it normalized all line breaks in external parsed entities (including the document entity) on input, before parsing, by translating both the two-character sequence #xD #xA and any #xD that is not followed by #xA to a single #xA character.

So this is nothing to do with the CAST function in IIB. The parsing of the input XML has (correctly) changed the end-of-line character to a single #xA.

System B to System A
In this scenario, IIB is not parsing the XML (just writing it out) so the conversion of line endings does not happen.
jb3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Shaman,

Thanks for your response.

While investigating on this before, i did a test as below:

System A sends a SWIFT message in an XML wrapper [CCSID 850 Encoding 546] --> IIB parses as XMLNSC and then puts the same message on local queue without any transformation.

Then i checked the hex representation of data on the local queue.

It had retained the <CR><LF>/x'0d0a.

That is when i started focusing on CAST as BLOB.

Regards
timber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
System A sends a SWIFT message in an XML wrapper [CCSID 850 Encoding 546] --> IIB parses as XMLNSC and then puts the same message on local queue without any transformation.

Then i checked the hex representation of data on the local queue.

It had retained the <CR><LF>/x'0d0a.
That's because no XML parsing had happened. IIB is (by design) lazy about parsing. It only parses when it needs to. If you didn't access any part of the message, then IIB did not bother to parse any of it.
You can override this 'lazy parsing' feature by setting Parse Timing to 'Immediate' on the Parser Options properties of the input node.
nukalas2010
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi JB,
I am also facing similar issue, so just want to check whether you got any luck by trying any other method or how you achieved it.

Thanks,
timber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I am also facing similar issue
Please describe your issue in detail. Your problem could be 'similar' in many different ways.
nukalas2010
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

timber wrote:
Please describe your issue in detail. Your problem could be 'similar' in many different ways.

As "Similar" as Original post

Quote:
System A to System B

System A sends a SWIFT message in an XML wrapper [CCSID 850 Encoding 546] --> IIB strips the XML wrapper and CASTs the SWIFT message as BLOB --> System B

Since IIB has to strip the XML wrapper and pass just the SWIFT message to System B, IIB does not have any SWIFT libraries/messagesets. That is why BLOB.

When System A sends the SWIFT message, there is <CR><LF>/x'0d0a after the tags, however when I cast as BLOB there is only <LF>/x'0a.
This is causing issue at System B. I want to retain the <CR><LF>/x'0d0a in BLOB.

I have tried cast as BLOB [CCSID 850 Encoding 546], and also as [CCSID 819 Encoding 546], both of them result in <LF>/x'0a.
As a backup, i am now replacing <LF>/x'0a with <CR><LF>/x'0d0a in BLOB.
timber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I have already explained why this happens. Do you think I'm wrong?
nukalas2010
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

timber wrote:
I have already explained why this happens. Do you think I'm wrong?

I cant say its wrong.. but setting the parser to 'Immediate' didn't help.

timber wrote:
So this is nothing to do with the CAST function in IIB. The parsing of the input XML has (correctly) changed the end-of-line character to a single #xA.

This causes the problem.. so want to know any other alternative parser or encoding mechanism for don't to lose <CRLF>

Currently I am achieving this by replacing LF with CRLF which is not recommended.

Thanks,
timber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
setting the parser to 'Immediate' didn't help.
I never claimed that it would solve the original problem. If you carefully read this thread, you will see that jb3 was doing an experiment to see if my diagnosis was correct. But jb3's experiment was not correctly designed!

Quote:
This causes the problem.. so want to know any other alternative parser or encoding mechanism for don't to lose <CRLF>
There is only one recommended XML parser in IIB (XMLNSC). It always follows the XML specification, so it will always normalise linefeed characters.

The easiest solution is to change the source application, and send the XML as a base64-encoded string. But you're probably going to tell me that the source application cannot be changed.
nukalas2010
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks for the clarification dear...

We will try to check with source application for the possibility to change the xml encoding to base64.
timber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Clarification: The source application should base64-encode the SWIFT message before wrapping it in the XML tags.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » CAST as BLOB loses x'0d0a
Jump to: