ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » installing a user defined node

installing a user defined node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
anil kumar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: installing a user defined node Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,

I have tried to implement a subflow as a user-defined node and able to do that.
I have one query regarding the UDN installation, now I am packing the user-defined node as a jar and placed the jar in the Installation \plugin directory.
if I use this node in developing the applications and in future if I wanted to change/update the like adding some new code in that case where should be new jar placed so that broker will take the new jar and work with latest updates without changing all of the running flows.
can anyone suggest command or steps any info centre reference?

Thanks ,
Anil.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi Anil...the class loading for UDN jars are clearly explained at infocenter topic 'User-defined node class loading'

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/as24996_.htm

Regards,
Abhi
anil kumar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Abhi,
thank you for the pointer.
here what it says
The integration node uses the following search path to find user-defined node classes:
1.The deployed JAR file.
2.workpath/config/<my_int_node_name>/<my_int_server_label>/shared-classes to locate any JAR files in the integration server shared-classes directory.
3.workpath/config/<my_int_node_name>/shared-classes to locate any JAR files in the integration node shared-classes directory.
4.workpath/shared-classes/ to locate any JAR files in the top level shared-classes directory.

I'm not using any external jars in my subflow. so there is no need follow the step 2,3,4 ? or should I paste my UDN jar file into those locations?

can you please elobarate your answer? i
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

If your UDN do not have any external jars then the packaged jar only need to be deployed to the plugin folder, it is not required to deploy the same jar as part of project BAR files. In case it includes external jars you could opt for the PAR route

Have a look at below infocenter topics,

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/as24997_.htm

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/as10004_.htm

As the plugin folder is at node level all interfaces will have access to it.
anil kumar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

yipeeee it worked, just in case someone referencing this question I will post the answer too
we need to add jar in two locations one is the broker\dropins location and we need to add the add to the folder and set the folder path to lil path using MQSI_LILPATH so that broker is aware of that jar
just restart the broker and it should do the trick for you.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » installing a user defined node
Jump to: