ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to setup global cache on 2 IIB Nodes on 2 different host

How to setup global cache on 2 IIB Nodes on 2 different host « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Muhammad Haider
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: How to setup global cache on 2 IIB Nodes on 2 different host Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I have two IIB nodes running on 2 different hosts (they are not HA/multi-instance brokers). I want to synchronize their global cache so that updates in one broker's global cache are automatically reflected/synced in other broker's global cache. How can I achieve this? Do I need some shared folder for this configuration where please note I don't have multi-instance brokers?

Thanks and Regards, Haider
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Look at the infocenter. This is the standard set up of the cache across 2 nodes.
syedimtiyaz1234
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi ,

i have a similar situation where i have 2 nodes on different server and we are setting up the cache on both the server so that it's available. but how we can have one global Cache that is shared on both the nodes.
Muhammad Haider
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

we can make use of the config file provided for two nodes/HA scenario in IIB samples. Need to give IPs of both servers in that file and copy the file to both IIB servers. and global cache will be synced across two nodes (whether they are active/passive nodes or standalone nodes ). One thing we observed is that if you have only two nodes(brokers) and both of them go down, then the cache will not work until both of them come up and sync with each other (after that any one of them can go down). This is because for setup of global cache we require at least 2 brokers to be up. the solution is to have a 3rd broker running on a common server or running on each of the two servers(it 'll just be there to host global cache).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to setup global cache on 2 IIB Nodes on 2 different host
Jump to: