ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Message Stuck in Transmission Queue

Message Stuck in Transmission Queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqusr
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Message Stuck in Transmission Queue Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I have an issue of 2 messages stuck in Transmission Queue. How can I process these messages without loosing them?

Can I dump the message in a temporary queue using RHFUtil and then load it in the destination queue? In that case, what do I do with the transmission header that gets added when a message is put in transmission queue.

Any help would be appreciated. We are using MQ 7.5

Regards
mqusr
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What do you mean by stuck ? Do you just mean they are on the queue and you have no working channel to get them off again ?

Basically you can treat them like any other message. The only difference really is that they have an MQXQH header on the front of them. You can use various tools such RFHUtil, Q, QLOAD, MQEdit, MO71 and orthers to move these messages to another queue - some of these also allow you to strip the header off the front of the message.

If the channel is in-doubt then the messages may not be visible on the queue. You can issue a RESOLVE CHANNEL command to back-out the in-doubt transaction and make the messages visible. Of course doing this could duplicate the message if the message has also been delivered to a target Queue Manager.

Cheers,

Paul
mqusr
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the response Paul.

Yes, by stuck I mean, 2 messages are not moving from Transmission queue. The rest are moving fine. I do not have a in-doubt channel.

So basically, what i can do is

1. Using, RFHUtil, I can save the 2 messages in a text file.
2. Open the text and delete off the encrypted XMIT header and have only the message.
3. Load this message into my destination queue again using RFHUtil.

Kindly confirm if my understanding is correct.

Also, just wanted to understand, if there will be any difference in the message(as in message headers) if the message is sent via transmission queue to the destination queue when compared to directly putting the message in destination queue.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Regards,
mqusr
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Is this a cluster transmission queue, probably called SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE, and there are one or more cluster sender channels reading from it?

Can you browse these messages, or when you try to browse you get nothing even though the q depth says 2?

When you issue the Queue Usage command against the transmission queue, does it say there are uncommitted messages?

You probably want to figure out why the messages are not moving and fix that root cause, otherwise its just going to happen again, and you will always be moving messages yourself. And you will have to change your name to MQchannelMan.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Message Stuck in Transmission Queue
Jump to: