ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » mqsicreatebar : Shared library cannot be in-lined

mqsicreatebar : Shared library cannot be in-lined « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
shrusonu
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: mqsicreatebar : Shared library cannot be in-lined Reply with quote

Novice

Version : IIB v10.0.0.11

I have an application built in toolkit - NO_TEST. NO_TEST is referenced by one static library which contains subflows & common esql methods.
NO_TEST is also referenced by 2 shared libraries which contains backend wsdls imported in one shared libraries & host wsdls imported in another.
NO_TEST.msgflow also contains a user defined node used for logging.
There are no errors in toolkit.

When i am building bar from toolkit, it throws below error.
Note that : Compile & in-line resources is selected, as i am using user defined node.

Code:

[2018/02/20/08:11:13] [INFO] AddToBARFileOperation: barGeneratorDelegate { Adding NO_TEST/.project to BAR file }
[2018/02/20/08:11:13] [ERROR]  { Error adding to BAR Model. fileToAdd: L/NO_TEST/.project }  - com.ibm.etools.mft.bar.model.BrokerArchiveException
ERROR: BIP0841E The resource .project could not be added to BAR file. Application 'NO_TEST' references shared library 'ESB_SHARED_BACKEND'. However, resources (E.g. ESQL files) in shared library 'ESB_SHARED_BACKEND' can not be inlined.
[2018/02/20/08:11:13] [INFO] CommandProcessor: saveBar {  }
BIP0963E Error saving file in mqsicreatebar.

Could you pls help ? Is it like we cannot refer static & shared libraries together to an application. (which is not the case in ibm docs)
All libraries shared & static does not have any references linked. I have tried from toolkit & command console, getting same error.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

That's most likely because the "in line" compile is considered legacy and predates IIB10. Have you tried the "compile as source" option?

Does it work if you don't in-line anything? Where did you see in the infocenter that you could "in line" a shared library?
timber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If your user-defined node is a 'subflow UDN' then I know what the problem is. Subflow UDNs cannot be compiled as source, so you have to tick the 'Compile & inline resources' option. Sounds as if your application has something that must be inlined (the UDN) and something that cannot be inlined.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

You got the issue that shared libraries cannot be in-lined and user defined node cannot be complied as source...guess you will have to switch shared library to static one and then compile as inline.
shrusonu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
That's most likely because the "in line" compile is considered legacy and predates IIB10. Have you tried the "compile as source" option?

Does it work if you don't in-line anything? Where did you see in the infocenter that you could "in line" a shared library?

I have removed user defined node (use for logging) & built a bar (without checking 'Compile in-line resources') successfully from toolkit.
As i am using user defined node, i have to select 'Compile in-line resources' option, which causes error in 'in-line'(ing) shared library. I have not found documentation related to it for shared library. Seeking help, to keep all wsdl & its artefacts single copy as a shared library.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

From what i've seen shared libraries cannot be inlined, you could try creating a simple shared library with a single xsd and try compiling as in-line and see...guess there are bits in infocenter which are not documented explicitly for some reason.
shrusonu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

timber wrote:
If your user-defined node is a 'subflow UDN' then I know what the problem is. Subflow UDNs cannot be compiled as source, so you have to tick the 'Compile & inline resources' option. Sounds as if your application has something that must be inlined (the UDN) and something that cannot be inlined.

There are no subflows in a message flow.
If i am not referencing any shared library to application (means importing wsdls directly in application) then i can successfully build bar file from toolkit using 'Compile in-line resources' option. [Compile in-line resources option is checked because of UDN used in message flow]

I guess, its something related to shared libraries cannot be compiled & in-lined.
shrusonu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

abhi_thri wrote:
From what i've seen shared libraries cannot be inlined, you could try creating a simple shared library with a single xsd and try compiling as in-line and see...guess there are bits in infocenter which are not documented explicitly for some reason.

Yeah tried that got error.
"Resources in shared library cannot be inlined"

My objective is to maintain all wsdl & its related artefacts as a single copy (shared) & reference them to all applications. This can be done but problem is UDN being used for which i must select 'Compile in-line resources'

Thanks all for your information
Armageddon123
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

As shared library is to be shared by all flows in the EG, it makes sense to have a separate bar for the same for maintance easiness.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » mqsicreatebar : Shared library cannot be in-lined
Jump to: