ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Getting Failed message info from DLQ without tools

Getting Failed message info from DLQ without tools « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kishi_25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I'm not denying on your recommendations as we are already covering these recommendations. But, we have our organization requirements to build on top of what we have as a sort of automation opportunity. Anyways, it's a good discussion and I'm able to find a way for my requirement using shell script.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

kishi_25 wrote:
Agree that, from MQ admin point of view these are not best solutions. But, in practical scenarios, when we had these scenarios occur in cluster environment, it had trickle-down effect for other applications due to messages accumulating xmit queues for maxdepth issue and max length issue msgs land in dlq. So, the solution i'm trying to implement is to do auto fix temporarily in the sense, auto increase of queue depth and max length temporarily and revert back these values after the issue is resolved and it will send an e-mail to related support team to address the root cause next business day.

An automated solution to increase / decrease may cover some failures, but it could have a flow on impact that worsens the situation. We set very large max depths (>10M) and max msg length of 100MB on all xmitqs, dlqs and critical app queues, and monitor for depth exceeding a high water mark or channels that are not in running status. We can then perform a proper analysis and take the correct manual actions at the time.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Getting Failed message info from DLQ without tools
Jump to: