ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Problem adding new QMGR to an existing cluster

Problem adding new QMGR to an existing cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MQSeal
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Problem adding new QMGR to an existing cluster Reply with quote

A newly created QMGR does not join cluster successfully even though cluster sender channel is running and no issues w.r.t network connectivity for sender and rcvr between new QMGR and full repo QMGR.

DISPLAY CLUSQMGR(*) shows SYSTEM.TEMP...QMGR instead of actual clsuter members.

However making this new qmgr as full repo resolves the issue. I need to understand why is this happening and what am i doing wrong here.

MQ(v7.5)
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I'd guess that the CLUSRCVR channel definition is defective, such as: incorrect ipaddress, incorrect port number, incorrect channel name. Could also be listener is not running.

It would help us help you if you would post related errors from the qmgr error logs.
MQSeal
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is resolved now, I am just wondering how come making it a full repo fixed the issue. And what coould be the impact if new qmgr is again made a partial repo.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

MQSeal wrote:
Since it is resolved now, I am just wondering how come making it a full repo fixed the issue. And what coould be the impact if new qmgr is again made a partial repo.

Not likely that making the new qmgr a full repos resolved the issue. What other commands did you issue? Did you delete/define/alter the clusrcvr channel def? Start a listener?

What errors did you find in the error logs?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MQSeal wrote:

Possibly because the full repo has a manually defined cluster sender channel to every other full repo?
Check out the advice of my esteemed colleague. Usually the symptom you saw is because the cluster receiver has not been defined right.

And btw if you change the setup of a cluster receiver channel you need to stop the channel, remove the channel from the cluster and add it again then start the channel for the cluster to get the change. If the channel survived in a partial repo, stopping it manually and restarting it should work too.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Problem adding new QMGR to an existing cluster
Jump to: