ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » New MQ Install

New MQ Install « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
charanR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: New MQ Install Reply with quote

Apprentice

I'm planning to setup multiinstance queue managers in the new environment.

So, there will be 3 different queue managers.

My question is, is it considered a good design if I disable PUT on all local queues and allow PUT only through remote queues ? I'm looking for best practises on MQ but so far I have only seen around MQ security.

Thank you.
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I assume you mean that you want applications to only GET from those queue managers?

The design should be that which fulfils the requirements of the application, the security model, and other associated requirements - if that means those queue managers only have applications with GET, then that will be 'best practice' for you.

And I also assume that by 'disable PUT' you do not mean the PUT(DISABLED) attribute?
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New MQ Install Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

charanR wrote:
My question is, is it considered a good design if I disable PUT on all local queues and allow PUT only through remote queues ? I'm looking for best practises on MQ but so far I have only seen around MQ security.

If you 'disable PUT on all local queues' then that will be one pointless queue manager.

You do realize that the queue manager's MCA (Message Channel Agent), the component that interacts with other queue managers and client applications, actually does an MQPUT when it receives a message. So, if you issue 'PUT(DISABLED)' for all local queues then absolutely no message will ever be in the local queues.

Time for you to read up on OAM permissions (i.e. setmqaut) and do security the right way.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
charanR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

thank you both. I should probably look at chlauth and mq aut instead PUT(DISABLED)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » New MQ Install
Jump to: