ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Shared Row lost in IIB

Shared Row lost in IIB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gopir1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Shared Row lost in IIB Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I have a flow like below. I have created a shared row variable and assigned some values to it. But when the flow in first compute node and goes to MQInputnode catch, the shared row values are lost. Please help me guys

MQInputNode->Compute->SOAP->Compute->MQOutputNode
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi...are you sure that the shared row is getting set before the error occurs?

If so try using the flow user debug trace to see what value is coming across to the catch terminal logic (don't rely on the visual debugger)
gopir1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the values are set in the shared row. but once i go to compute node in the subflow connected to catch terminal, the shared row is lost
rekarm01
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Shared Row lost in IIB Reply with quote

Grand Master

gopir1 wrote:
Yes the values are set in the shared row. but once i go to compute node in the subflow ...

The scope of a SHARED variable is limited to the message flow where it's declared:

Quote:
Shared variables are private to the flow (if declared within a schema) or node (if declared within a module), ...

So it can't be shared between two different message flows, such as an upper-level flow and its subflows.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

The share row can be made accessible for all modules in the flow including failure subflow ones as long as it is declared at a global level within the same broker schema scope.

i.e it should be declared outside of esql module definition, eg:- in a Common variables esql file within the same schema level.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

abhi_thri wrote:
The share row can be made accessible for all modules in the flow including failure subflow ones as long as it is declared ... within the same broker schema scope.

i.e it should be declared outside of esql module definition, eg:- in a Common variables esql file within the same schema level.

The documentation is a bit vague about whether "private to the flow" includes subflows. Even if it works in some cases, is it supported?

Based on a little bit of testing, if an upper level flow and its subflow are defined in different projects, then it seems that the upper level flow can access any schema level shared variables declared in the subflow, but the subflow cannot access any schema level shared variables declared in the upper level flow.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi...guess it should be supported as using a subflow in the happy path processing is a standard pattern and the subflow may require access to the shared variable, so a long as both subflow and main flow are defined within the same broker schema it should work fine.

As you've already noticed having subflow and parent flow in different projects may not work in all scenarios.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Shared Row lost in IIB
Jump to: