ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » customized Timeout response with HttpInput,HttpReply WMB v7

customized Timeout response with HttpInput,HttpReply WMB v7 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vickas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: customized Timeout response with HttpInput,HttpReply WMB v7 Reply with quote

Centurion

Hie All ,
Environment WMB v7.0.0.4 & WMQ v7.0
We are exposing a HTTP Rest service ( Http Input Node --> compute --> Http Reply Node) and have set the Max Client wait time as 45 secs .
In case , if the flow cannot reply ( compute node talks to DB n fetches many records) within the max client wait time , we want to send an customized xml response instead of default HTML/SOAP 1.1/SOAP 1.2 sent by the listener.
In order to do that , we have connected the HTTP time-out of the HTTP Input node and enabled embedded listener for the EG level.upon debugging , we see the control coming to HTTP time-out terminal but notice that the default HTML/SOAP 1.1 msg is already sent to the client and when the flow tries to send the customized xml msg it throws exception as follows
"Message does not contain a valid HTTP Request Identifier. Invalid Handle Text:CHARACTER:ERROR, Handle Timed-out HTTP RequestIdentifier"

how can we send a customized time-out exception ??
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What does the HTTP standard say about the required behavior, and if you are allowed to do what you want?

What if you change the node to wait a longer time and then do something else to check if the connection has timed out with the shorter time.
vickas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Jeff ,
Thanks for your response .
I think we can send the customized response msg in case of time-out .
This is what the documentation says

Code:
If you want to provide customized timeout processing, connect one or more nodes to the HTTP Timeout terminal. You must include in this sequence the reply node that matches the input node. Therefore, if your message flow starts with an HTTPInput node, you must include an HTTPReply;

Here is the Infocenter article which am following to achieve my requirement
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSKM8N_7.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bc43720_.htm

I keep getting the below exception when i try to send the customized msg to Http Reply (but i see the default timeout exception msg being sent already)
Code:

default html time-out response ::
<html><head><title>Fault from Server (Timeout)</title></head><body><h1>Fault from Server (Timeout)</h1><p>

Message does not contain a valid HTTP Request Identifier.Invalid Handle HTTP Reply ERROR, Handle Timed-out HTTP RequestIdentifier
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vickas wrote:
Hi Jeff ,
Thanks for your response .
I think we can send the customized response msg in case of time-out .
This is what the documentation says

Code:
If you want to provide customized timeout processing, connect one or more nodes to the HTTP Timeout terminal. You must include in this sequence the reply node that matches the input node. Therefore, if your message flow starts with an HTTPInput node, you must include an HTTPReply;

Here is the Infocenter article which am following to achieve my requirement
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSKM8N_7.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bc43720_.htm

I keep getting the below exception when i try to send the customized msg to Http Reply (but i see the default timeout exception msg being sent already)
Code:

default html time-out response ::
<html><head><title>Fault from Server (Timeout)</title></head><body><h1>Fault from Server (Timeout)</h1><p>

Message does not contain a valid HTTP Request Identifier.Invalid Handle HTTP Reply ERROR, Handle Timed-out HTTP RequestIdentifier

This error message is expected. When the flow terminates and tries to send its response, this is the message you would get.
Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » customized Timeout response with HttpInput,HttpReply WMB v7
Jump to: