ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Unique Issue with IBMMQ9 AMQERR03.LOG installed on RHEL V7

Unique Issue with IBMMQ9 AMQERR03.LOG installed on RHEL V7 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
praveenhegde
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Real Issue identified with IBM MQ 9.0.4 as well Reply with quote

Novice

Today , I installed RHEL V7 on VM and installed IBM MQ 9.0.4 trial version.
1. I did not make any changes to qm.ini QMerror Stanza first, and restarted the Qmgrs 15 times ! surprise was waiting! this time AMQERROR1.LOG did not get renamed to AMQ2 even after crossing 2MB!. leave the AMQ3 aside!
2. Next to test it I included the following parameter in qm.ini (locate qm.ini did not give any output! i dont know whats the issue with RHEL V7).
QMErrorLog:
ErrorLogSize=2097152
ExcludeMessage=7234
SuppressMessage=9001,9002,9202
SuppressInterval=30

Then Run the loop of restarting the Qmgrs 15 times, now I could see that all error logs are getting filled exactly 2 MB ! No issues...
Andyh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

In 9.0.4 the default value for the ErrorLogSize has been increased to 32MB.
See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q019020_.htm for details.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Unique Issue with IBMMQ9 AMQERR03.LOG installed on RHEL V7
Jump to: