ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1

UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
udayarveti
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 Reply with quote

Novice

Hello Guys,

I have a question which needs a help.

On MB6.1, I have a message flow with UDP defined.

Tried changing the UDP properties using CMP API however the changes aren't getting reflected even after restart of message flows.

Is it that we need to stop and start the broker to see these changes unlike in IIB?

P.s. Tried looking for answer in forums with no luck. Hence has to request here.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

udayarveti wrote:
Is it that we need to stop and start the broker to see these changes unlike in IIB?

No, that's not the case. Sounds like you've found a bug. If v6.1 was still in support you could raise a PMR.

But it isn't, so you can't. Be thankful this is the worst problem you find using ancient software, and go forth.
udayarveti
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
udayarveti wrote:

No, that's not the case. Sounds like you've found a bug. If v6.1 was still in support you could raise a PMR.

But it isn't, so you can't. Be thankful this is the worst problem you find using ancient software, and go forth.

Thanks for your response.

However is there a documentation which says CMP API(non java classes) does say broker restart isn't required?

I couldn't find any info though.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

udayarveti wrote:
However is there a documentation which says CMP API(non java classes) does say broker restart isn't required?

How would that help? If the documentation says that a restart isn't required but the value's not changing, how does that affect your situation?

I don't have access to any v6.1 documentation (obviously) and my post was based on personal experience with UDP on v6.1 with the CMP API. Take it for what it's worth.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
I don't have access to any v6.1 documentation (obviously)

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKM8N/mapfiles/docolderversions.html

Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Vitor wrote:
I don't have access to any v6.1 documentation (obviously)

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKM8N/mapfiles/docolderversions.html

Things you learn.

Useful if I ever come across a deployed version of v6.1.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » UDP changes using CMP API on MB6.1
Jump to: