ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Write condition in mapping node

Write condition in mapping node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hvhora
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Write condition in mapping node Reply with quote

I am implementing a global cache using custom esql when mapping the two fields in the mapping node. I cannot add further condition in esql. My output field ->custom esql ->field in the mapping node. Now when the field from source if coming empty, the output is just namespace. I am trying to pass null value if the source is not sending value. I see there is condition tab. I am wondering what to put to pass the null value if source is empty.
martinb
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi

Quote:
I am implementing a global cache using custom esql when mapping the two fields in the mapping node

FYI you can Access the IIB global cache by using a Mapping node using built in capabilities.

Quote:
I am trying to pass null value if the source is not sending value.

Take a read of Handling nulls in message maps
I assume your target (output) element is not defined as nillable, so when your Custom ESQL returns NULL, it is going to output an empty element.

Note the behavour of Mapping node is based on XML/XPath standards, hence it produces empty or nilled output elements if you map to them. (This is diffrent than an ESQL compute node, in which setting an output to ESQL NULL results in "deleting" / not outputting the element).

If you require a Map transform to not emit an output element then you must prevent the transform form being executed using a condition.

To prevent a Transform from being executed if the input source element is not present set the Condition on the transform. Lets say the input is an element "MyInputField" the condition would be

Code:
$MyInputField<n>

(Remember to use content assist (ctrl-space) to obtain the correct variable name.

If you have multiple transforms that should only be executed if a common parent input element is present embed them all in a If transform.

HTH

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Write condition in mapping node
Jump to: