ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » File output node slow performance while writing files

File output node slow performance while writing files « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

prabhuoist wrote:
OK I may try this but as this application already running in production, business may be rigid to change this. Also it would require good effort of testing which may take sometime.

What would the business prefer? A fair amount of design, development and testing to fix the problem, or ongoing production problems?

Even if you tweak the file cut time / control connections / find some way to improve performance, it's a band aid that will come off at some point as the scale continues to increase.

prabhuoist wrote:
Another query, can I see how many transactions(connections) are opened from broker to file system.

Ask whoever's monitoring the OS. IIB is just like any other application in respect of OS resources.

prabhuoist wrote:
May it possible that connection are kept open for long time and cause an issue as issue comes in every 2-3(or sometime longer) days.

You're grasping at straws. That's very, very unlikely, and if it is then how do you plan to resolve it? You'd need an APAR from IBM and you're back to the "good amount of testing" you mentioned for that patch. Better to commit to the redesign.
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Like I said, the unwritten top business requirement is "a solution fit for purpose".

A simple design (like mine) will always be more reliable than anything complicated and multi-threaded.
prabhuoist
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thank you guys for your suggestion so far. I agree this seems to be incorrect design.

Just an update, earlier we were writing files directly in GPFS mount point folder.
Now we have created two folders(broker wise as we have two brokers) inside main folder and since then we are getting very good performance.

But I agree with you that at some point it may again give slow performance.

Any idea how come creating sub folders and writing files can improve performance(may be GPFS team can advise)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » File output node slow performance while writing files
Jump to: