ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Trouble setting up a mq client access to queue 2058

Trouble setting up a mq client access to queue 2058 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rib445 wrote:
I've figured out the issue. This was my second attempt at setting up a QM and my first attempt at a QM was apparently still running and listening on port 1415 (although I didn't see any errors about this), so the initial error "2058 - Q Mgr Name Error" was quite accurate. On ending this old QM and starting my new 'QM_TEST' I'm able to get and put remotely.

Thanks to everyone for helping with this.

As per the OP the port assigned to the qmgr was busy and the qmgr could not get the listener started as a listener was already running on this port for a different qmgr. Hence the 2058 wrong qmgr name....
rib445
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce2359 wrote:
Happy to help.

But, you have not explained exactly and precisely what the problem that is now fixed. Please share with us and others who might have the same/similar problem in the future.

I think fjb explains it well. What helped me identify the issue was when I ran "ps -ef | grep mq" which showed me all the mq process and I could see which port was associated with a QM, e.g.

Code:

mqm       8830  8814  0 Sep24 ?        00:00:00 /opt/mqm/bin/runmqlsr -r -m QM_TEST -t TCP -p 1415

This now shows the correct QM but I was seeing a different QM previously.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

"ps -ef | grep lsr" usually shows all the MQ listeners. It is the MQ admin's responsibility to ensure that all queue managers on a server have TCP LISTENER objects set up to use fixed and different ports, and that remote qmgrs and client channels use the assigned port. Usually they are assigned 1414, 1415, 1416 etc for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd qmgr etc.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Furthermore, always use the fully qualified DNS name. If you have any interest in being secure, implement X.509 certificate security to know that the entity connecting is who they say they are.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Trouble setting up a mq client access to queue 2058
Jump to: