ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Retaining fileName in 'Usr' folder for all messages in a grp

Retaining fileName in 'Usr' folder for all messages in a grp « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vishBroker
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Retaining fileName in 'Usr' folder for all messages in a grp Reply with quote

Centurion

Issue : Only first message in the group has 'urs' folder populated.
How can we make sure that all messages of the group are populated with fileName in user folder.

Background :
1. We need to transfer big files.
2. I have 'File-to-Messages' MFT transfer.
3. I am chopping the file by length and have done required configuration.
++
<destination type="queue">
<queue delimiter="3029537B" delimiterType="size" persistent="true" setMqProps="true">vQueue@AGENT_QM</queue>
</destination>
++
4. We need to feed the file to IIB for some processing and then transfer it to the downstream application.
5. I am able to generate multiple messages [3029537 bytes each] and put it on the queue for IIB.

But, only the first message of the group has 'wfteFileName' populated in usr folder. Subsequent messages of the group have blank 'usr' folder.

Question is - Is there a way to tell MFT transfer to pupulate 'usr' folder for all messages in the group.

Why we need this ?
In IIB, we need to process the file and then send it to destination.
we are using FTEOutput node for the same.

FteOutput node needs to know fileName for every message so that it can append correct file inside the mqsiTransit folder

Note - we have working solution using Global cache. we cache the fileName against GroupId and use that for all the message of the group.

I am looking for a way to make sure 'usr' folder of all the messages of the group is populated not just the first.
Is it possible using fteTransfer?

Thanks for the time and help.

Regards,
Vishnu.
tomleend
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

As per the documentation in the Knowledge Center, user defined properties on file-to-message transfers are only included in the first message of the group written for the transfer:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.wmqfte.doc/transfer_message_format.htm

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.wmqfte.doc/f2m_user_props.htm

There is no option to have the RFH2 <usr> folder included in all the messages within the group created for the transfer.

If you require this functionality, I would suggest you raise an RFE against the MQ MFT component.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Retaining fileName in 'Usr' folder for all messages in a grp
Jump to: