ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to execute RUNMQSC commands using Job Execution Node.

How to execute RUNMQSC commands using Job Execution Node. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
proton
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject: How to execute RUNMQSC commands using Job Execution Node. Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

We are looking for the possibilities of executing runmqsc commands using Job Execution Node in Version 10 (Unix).

The document says
"The JobExecutionNode allows users to run operating system commands , windows batch files,
unix shell scripts (henceforth referred as job) using WebSphere Message Broker. Jobs can also
be scheduled for specific time and interval using Timer nodes."

There are two modes of Operation Property/Message and other options Command Line/Batch/Shell. I tried in both Windows and unix environments.. it is doing good for Operating system Commands, and few Mqsi Commands. But not working for RunMqsc commands.. no matter i keep runmqsc commands in shell script file and trying to invoke that script from the job Execution node.. its not working.. Where as keeping mqsicommands in the script file and invoking that file from jobExecution Node is getting job done..

Kindly Please advise.. looking for scenarios like creating a Queue running a script which has Runmqsc commands.. i even tried with passing runmqsc command with | but no use..

Thanks.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How to execute RUNMQSC commands using Job Execution Node Reply with quote

Poobah

proton wrote:
... I tried in both Windows and unix environments.. it is doing good for Operating system Commands, and few Mqsi Commands. But not working for RunMqsc commands.. no matter i keep runmqsc commands in shell script file and trying to invoke that script from the job Execution node.. its not working..

"not working" in what way? Tell us what you see. MQ internals issue messages in this form: amqnnnnx with some useful narrative as to what was found in error.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I figure he forgot to source setmqenv in his scripts...
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to execute RUNMQSC commands using Job Execution Node Reply with quote

Jedi

proton wrote:
Hi,
We are looking for the possibilities of executing runmqsc commands using Job Execution Node in Version 10 (Unix).

What is your requirement? There might be a better way to achieve it, or an alternative design.
proton
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you all for your replies.. a bit crazy today. I will get surely get back and answer all your questions. I got a value input about setmqenv( i was also thinking on that line but not sure how to set it in bat file- say as a source or so).. Thank you..
proton
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you all for your advise. Seems some permission issues on my local windows, when i execute a bat script with runmqsc command it says some times that the queue manage is a part of another installation, and even if i keep the queueManager name as blank ( thinking this would be referring to a default Queue Manager for that installation it is not working). all dspmqver and others looks good. Thought this is some thing to do with group permissions and i havent figured out how to set setmqenv in the script.. same command executing from Broker run time is not working when i call them using Job execution node.

I deployed and testing the scenarios in Linux and all looks good and I am successfully running basic commands. seems i have to look more into my windows setup and figure out what i am missing.

Thank you very much.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Are the commands performing an MQ administration function, such as changing attributes of a queue? General business logic applications should not need to do any MQ administration functions.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

gbaddeley wrote:
Are the commands performing an MQ administration function, such as changing attributes of a queue? General business logic applications should not need to do any MQ administration functions.

Please be precise. What MQ commands are you attempting to issue?

The application-level MQSET call can change a limited number of queue attributes. Read here: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ibm-mq/9.1?topic=calls-mqset-set-object-attributes
proton
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

bruce2359 wrote:
gbaddeley wrote:

Please be precise. What MQ commands are you attempting to issue?

The application-level MQSET call can change a limited number of queue attributes. Read here: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ibm-mq/9.1?topic=calls-mqset-set-object-attributes

Thank you very much for your advise. My intention was just to check how the job execution node works, i just tested with Get Current Queue depth nothing more.
proton
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

gbaddeley wrote:

Thank you very much, I am not touching anything related to MQ Administration. I honestly appreciate you mentioning this point and believe everyone should clearly understand this.. Thanks.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Quote:
My intention was just to check how the job execution node works, i just tested with Get Current Queue depth nothing more.

OK

FYI, apps can get the current depth of a queue programmatically, using MQINQ, although the use cases are quite slim for needing to know a queue depth.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to execute RUNMQSC commands using Job Execution Node.
Jump to: