ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to filter messages with different message formats?

How to filter messages with different message formats? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SpringPearl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: How to filter messages with different message formats? Reply with quote

Novice

I need to develop a flow to filter out some messages based on content/message format. But I have messages of 2 different formats coming to the input queue.

Can anyone please suggest ideas on how to achieve this?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: How to filter messages with different message formats? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SpringPearl wrote:

Check the message format & content of the message being read. Filter out the ones you don't want.

SpringPearl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: How to filter messages with different message formats? Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
SpringPearl wrote:

Check the message format & content of the message being read. Filter out the ones you don't want.

Thanks.

I didn't know if its possible to manipulate BLOB messages. I googled a bit and found out that its possible. I suppose I can parse both messages as BLOB and filter based on content since I know the location of the information within the BLOB data I need for filtering.

If there is any other better way please suggest.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Processing the BLOB is going to be the most efficient in your case. Then reset the content.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to filter messages with different message formats?
Jump to: