ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » LogfilePages on mqsicreatebroker

LogfilePages on mqsicreatebroker « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: LogfilePages on mqsicreatebroker Reply with quote

Grand Master

So, I don't see options to change the LogFilePages or LogType from the defaults when allowing the Qmgr to be created when the Integration Node (hard not to say broker) is created. These are the two things you cannot change about a Qmgr once created.

I've always known you can change the defaults in the mqs.ini file but just now realized you can do it for these parameters and get what you want. I will try this at my next environment build.

Has anybody else tried this?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: LogfilePages on mqsicreatebroker Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

JosephGramig wrote:
Has anybody else tried this?

I've always created the queue manager to my requirements and associated the broker / node with it.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Me too and that is why I've never thought of using this feature in some 20+ years (well, of MQ).

Now that I stop and think about it, I'm liking this train of thought. It immediately separates the Qmgr from the default folders (a very good thing). If you use the
mqsicreatebroker <BrokerName> -e /hamqsi/<BrokerName> -q <QmgrName>
then all the components become "relocatable".

What I mean by "relocatable" is, you can move the broker, Qmgr data and Qmgr logs to other mount points (like NSFv4 for MI or to HA) without having to rebuild them.

Nice and flexible.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » LogfilePages on mqsicreatebroker
Jump to: