ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » REST request node - form paramters

REST request node - form paramters « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mrlizard
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: REST request node - form paramters Reply with quote

I'm working on IIB 10.0.0.7.
I've configured a REST Request Node using a swagger doc and seem to have come across an unsupported area i.e. trying to post a query string in the body as a form parameter. When I do this, I get an error from IIB saying it doesn't know what to do with the parameter and the info centre seems to confirm this as follows:

"Form data parameters are permitted in Swagger documents by IBM Integration Bus, but no support is provided for parsing form data parameters."

These form parameters are accepted by IIB in the import of the Swagger, and IIB does enforce them if they are mandatory, but then complains if you try to use them at run time.

As a workaround, I've managed to get it working using a HTTP Request node with Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded and building the name/value pairs manually in the body. I'm consuming someone else's service and I don't have any say on the design. I was wondering if HTTP request node is the only workaround. Is there another workaround with swagger and a REST request without hacking it?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » REST request node - form paramters
Jump to: