ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Logmet service for flow stats in IIB10.0.0.9

Logmet service for flow stats in IIB10.0.0.9 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
abd.wsu
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Logmet service for flow stats in IIB10.0.0.9 Reply with quote

Acolyte

So, I am trying this shiny new toy from IBM IIB10.0.0.9. I am trying to get my flow stats into kibana using the logmet service.
However, I am not able to bypass my proxy servers when setting up logmet service manually from my RHEL6 boxes as per the link below

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bz91188_.htm

The doc says the setup should be as easy as reading it. But I am seeing issues.

I see these errors in my logs when i try to setup the kibana dashboards.

Code:
Jun 29 15:03:57 mbr1 IIB[26524]: IBM Integration Bus v10009 (DEV1.EG1) [Thread 26531] (Msg 1/2) BIP3888E: The Logmet connector for the Bluemix logging service encountered a communication issue when sending data to 'logs.opvis.bluemix.net:9091'. Error details: '{1}'
Jun 29 15:03:57 mbr1 IIB[26524]: IBM Integration Bus v10009 (DEV1.EG1) [Thread 26531] (Msg 2/2) BIP3165S: An error occurred whilst performing an SSL socket operation. Operation: connect. Error Text: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused).
Jun 29 15:03:57 mbr1 IIB[26524]: IBM Integration Bus v10009 (DEV1.EG1) [Thread 26531] (Msg 1/1) BIP6505W: The integration server failed to deliver Bluemix log reporting data to 'logs.opvis.bluemix.net:9091'. Error details: 'Logmet send failed'.

I had the same issue with product insights before exporting my http proxy settings and got it to work. But the same doesn't work with logmet.

The mqsichangebluemixreporting command has a -y option to use http proxy info, but that doesn't seem to work with this setup.

Anyone faced any similar issues? I have openned a PMR but haven't received a response yet.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Did you specify -e or -g on the product insights mqsichangebluemixreporting command ?

If so, your logmet properties might not apply to the EG you are trying to get data from.

Also ask your proxy admin to see if there are any messages in the proxy that might be helpful.

Also, try curl or etc. to the bluemix URL, without the proxy and then with it.
martinb
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

The connection to Bluemix Product Insights uses HTTPS, hence can be routed via a HTTP Forward Proxy, by providing the "-y <HTTP proxy>" parameter.

However the connection for Bluemix Logging (Logmet) is a TCP/IP SSL connection, so would require you route via a Gateway. You would have to configure IIB using the alternate manual procedure detailed in bz91188_.htm, possibly overriding the "-x host:port" with your Gateway.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Logmet service for flow stats in IIB10.0.0.9
Jump to: