ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Clients

MQ Clients « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rammer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: MQ Clients Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi All

I must admit I have not used MQ CLients much and the only ones I have worked on just set an environment variable for the MQSERVER connection and utilize a SVRCONN.

However we have a client that has a mixture of clients on version 6.0 / 7.0 (I realize both are out of support ) but I dont have power to ask them to upgrade at the moment or pay for upgrade and test.

We are currently upgrading to MQ 8.0.0.6 Server on Windows using MSCS from 7.0 & 7.5 (multi install). The Server is going to have a new IP Address for clients to connect into.

Reading the IBM Info Centre it states that CCDT's created on old clients can still connect, however a new one created in this case on version 8 will not work when passed over to a lower build MQ Client.

I believe but cant find now I have read that you can set a Channel to operate as though its a version 6 channel?

Any suggestions / pointers to document greatly appreciated, apart from suggesting the client upgrades because at the moment that is out of my hands apart from highlighting a risk.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.mig.doc/q006370_.htm

Thanks in advance
rammer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I guess if I carried on reading I would have seen fixes have been put into MQ to allow CCDT's to be created on 8 / 9 and be passed down to lower clients.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.mig.doc/q001640_.htm
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

If you use MO72 support pac to build the CCDT, you can generate one at V6 or V7.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can also do this with MQSCX if you want a supported way of doing this. MO72 has been not been updated for quite some time now (probably since I left IBM) and I think IBM has even withdrawn it. MQSCX can do all MO72 used to do and an awful lot more besides. It is the MO72 I wanted to write but didn't have the time while at IBM.

Cheers,
Paul.
rammer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Thank you Gentlemen...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Clients
Jump to: