ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integrating IIB10 with AS400 system

Integrating IIB10 with AS400 system « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
abinaya
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Integrating IIB10 with AS400 system Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All

Different possible approaches to connect to As400 system from IIB10

1) through MQ
2) through FTP
3) Calling Databases in AS400 system through JDBC drivers
4) Usind Iseries adapter nodes

Is Option #3 and #4 possible in IIB 10 ?

in #4, I see that the latest iSeries plugin is Version 1.0.8 and it says any version above IIB 9 is supported. But there are no other detailed information related to IIB10 .

I want to know whether calling a program in As400 from IIB 10 is possible using iSeries Nodes , Anybody is using this or tested this approach ?

Looking to finalize the approach to be used in integrating As400 with IIB10 . Any advise please ?
srikanthbas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi abinaya,

by any chance, any work around did you found on this? Even am looking for the same requirement.., if possible do call me at 7382942380
abinaya
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

srikanthbas wrote:
Hi abinaya,

by any chance, any work around did you found on this? Even am looking for the same requirement.., if possible do call me at 7382942380

No I have not found any solution , If you found a approach do let me know.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

MQ is the best method, as always - but it would need application software to handle the messages on the iSeries.

I have seen JDBC used successfully - make sure to use the latest iSeries drivers not some old ones that someone copied years ago.

Files suffer from the usual transactional issues of file handling, but might be OK to feed a batch process.

iSeries nodes - never used them but little reason why they would not work on IIB 10 if they work on IIB 9, why not try it?

Are these nodes officially supported? If not then don't expect to be able open a PMR on them.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There isn't "an" answer.

You need to figure out where each program you want to talk to gets it's data from. Then you can choose the appropriate transport, or choose to implement a wrapper application that takes input from some other transport (MQ, HTTP, direct TCP, etc.) and passes it to the application.

And then use IIB to send messages using that transport.
srikanthbas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff /zpat,
Thanks for replying..
and little more clarity on the requriment... we need to connect AS400 Equation system DB.., so what should be the apporch?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integrating IIB10 with AS400 system
Jump to: