ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » HTML to PDF Generation

HTML to PDF Generation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
abinaya
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: HTML to PDF Generation Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All, I am trying to convert HTML content to PDF Content by using java code (using external JAR - org.xhtmlrenderer.pdf.ITextRenderer) in IIB 10.0.8 . I am using the method setDocumentFromString present in the jar which accepts HTML content as string, I am able to generate the PDF content and able to see the content as byte array when I run the java code as standalone from JAVA perspective as "Run As Java Application". When I am running the code from message flow ( calling the Java method from compute node ) I am facing Parser issues.

The JAR files internally use the default JDK parser to load the documents , and when I am running the java code from compute node this parser is not getting loaded and I am landing in a exception "Could not instantiate any SAX 2 parser, including JDK default" . Tried changing JVMsystemProperties of EG to set this property "org.xml.sax.driver" . But still getting same exception.

1) How to find the default JDK Parser (for XML) used by IIB runtime
2) How to overwrite the default JDK parser of IIB runtime
3) any other working solution to convert HTML to PDF Content. I need the JAVA code to return only PDF content and not to write PDF file.

Any suggestions/ideas ??
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

If you need the content to be transformed into a pdf why are you parsing at all?
Use the BLOB parser, transform the BLOB into CHAR with CCSID if you must and run your Java method to create the pdf.
abinaya
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

The Parser issues i mentioned in my post is not before calling java. While java is trying to load the HTML contents (which i am passing from compute node as Character ) , the exact error is org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl incompatible with javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory

I am using core-renderer-2011.04.16.jar (iText methods) for PDF generation

But the same Java code is running perfectly when executed as Standalone java application from Toolkit
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

abinaya wrote:
The Parser issues i mentioned in my post is not before calling java. While java is trying to load the HTML contents (which i am passing from compute node as Character ) , the exact error is org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl incompatible with javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory

I am using core-renderer-2011.04.16.jar (iText methods) for PDF generation

But the same Java code is running perfectly when executed as Standalone java application from Toolkit

Excuse my incomprehension but it looks like you are trying to parse an XML document here... Do you need the DOM model to render the result in pdf???

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » HTML to PDF Generation
Jump to: