ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Compute node, additional MAIN Function added on double click

Compute node, additional MAIN Function added on double click « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bobbee
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Compute node, additional MAIN Function added on double click Reply with quote

Knight

Customer has the new MAIN section being added everytime the COMPUTE node is double clicked. I had him delete the new MAIN(s) that were created and then CLEAN the workspace. That works till he closes and reopens the Toolkit. When he opens the Toolkit, it starts again. Any note on this?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Compute node, additional MAIN Function added on double c Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bobbee wrote:
Customer has the new MAIN section being added everytime the COMPUTE node is double clicked. I had him delete the new MAIN(s) that were created and then CLEAN the workspace. That works till he closes and reopens the Toolkit. When he opens the Toolkit, it starts again. Any note on this?

I've had that happen from time to time. It usually happens because the newly created MAIN function is in a file that has not yet been saved. So when you double click it creates a new MAIN function.

Try saving the file before double-clicking and see if it still creates a new MAIN function.
Have fun
bobbee
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

I actually got him out of the problem with the deletion of the additional MAINs and a full project/clean. He close the Toolkit and it started again. And fixed it, closed and it started again. I believe the workspace is trashed. I hit this once.......................what a pain. I opened up a SEV 1 and pointed Level II at him.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bobbee wrote:
I actually got him out of the problem with the deletion of the additional MAINs and a full project/clean. He close the Toolkit and it started again. And fixed it, closed and it started again. I believe the workspace is trashed. I hit this once.......................what a pain. I opened up a SEV 1 and pointed Level II at him.

Close the toolkit, kill all the .metadata and reimport the projects... after opening the toolkit.... Should take care of a trashed workspace.

Also make sure they are on the latest IFIX for their version of the toolkit.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

bobbee wrote:
I opened up a SEV 1 and pointed Level II at him.

Surely SEV 1 means your production system is down.
bobbee
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

rules have change, That is the first question they ask when requesting a SEV 1. One thing is true, you have to be immediately available and that has to remain constant. Sort if if you had a production issue and it was down!!

We have some special attention/codes for this project. It is high on the watch list inside IBM.
bobbee
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

fjb-saber, They just ased for a copy of his workspace. I just 'sort of'gave him these instructions except I told him to just create a new workspace and start reloading, we are on RTC so, if he did things right, he just has to reload. I told him if he did not check in code changes, he will have to export and import to the new work space. Thanks!!

I went through this once a long time ago. I will take the 'guy delivering a baby' over this anytime.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Compute node, additional MAIN Function added on double click
Jump to: