ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » When I try to connect to a MQ Client I get MQRC 2594

When I try to connect to a MQ Client I get MQRC 2594 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ozzieeaimq
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: When I try to connect to a MQ Client I get MQRC 2594 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am running MQ Server application on AIX 7.1 on version 8.0.0.4. Each time I try to connect to my MQ Client running on a different version - MQClient 7.5.0.5, a few times I get the error that I has failed to connect to Queue Manager due to MQRC 2594 - MQRC_PASSWORD_PROTECTION_ERROR. I have done research that I need to set the PasswordProtection(effective from MQ version 8 ) in the mqclient.ini. Below is the whole mqclient.ini file contents :

#****************************************************************************************#
#* Module name : mqclient.ini *#
#* Type : WebSphere MQ client configuration file *#
#* Function : Define the client configuration *#
#* *#
#****************************************************************************************#

ClientExitPath:
ExitsDefaultPath=/var/mqm/exits
ExitsDefaultPath64=/var/mqm/exits64

CHANNELS:
DefRecon=YES
ServerConnectionParms=XXXXXX.XXXXXX/TCP/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX(000X)
PasswordProtection=compatible

However, this does not solves the problem, and I continue to receive the same error time and again. Could anyone please let me know what tweaks can be done to get this working.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You have not done enough of your research.
The only way to get password encryption is to run with an MQ V8 client or higher to an MQ Server version 8 or higher, and you might want to have a look at following table.

Any client below V8 you will need an SSL / TLS session with a non null cipher to have the password encrypted on the wire...

Have fun
ozzieeaimq
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I have noticed with the current architecture, that I am able to receive the response from the Client on the second attempt. The first attempt always results in a failure, while the second attempt i get the response. Confused.

fjb_saper wrote:
You have not done enough of your research.
The only way to get password encryption is to run with an MQ V8 client or higher to an MQ Server version 8 or higher, and you might want to have a look at following table.

Any client below V8 you will need an SSL / TLS session with a non null cipher to have the password encrypted on the wire...

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » When I try to connect to a MQ Client I get MQRC 2594
Jump to: