ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » getting garbage in the data message when message in put on R

getting garbage in the data message when message in put on R « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rajesh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I put the message on a Remote queue on NT (through JAVA code) , I am getting Garbage + data. But if I put the message on a local queue , I get the actual message (without garbage). I checked there is no difference on the definition of the queues ( except for local and remote). Does anyone have any experience with this kind of error ?

Thanks,
Rajesh.
rajesh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found what was wrong with this. I was using MQMDE (message descriptor extention) which is not supported on Os/390. SO MQ did not understand where to put the MQMDE, so it put it in fromt of the message.

Now i have a different question, when I put binary data on MQ ( lets say 1000 bytes) , I get 1200 bytes on the queue. MQis putting some extra bytes on the message. This happens only when the data is binary !! . Any leads ??

Thanks,
Rajesh.
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Does this happen when you put a small number of bytes? If so, use amsbcg to dump the data and post back here. You mention that your application is Java, are you using JMS? If so, this may be the IBM JMS header which can optionally be removed.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » getting garbage in the data message when message in put on R
Jump to: