ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB10 High availability - MQ topology

IIB10 High availability - MQ topology « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
alaychem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: IIB10 High availability - MQ topology Reply with quote

Acolyte

I started reading about IIB high availability.

I couldn't understand from the IBM documentation, on implementing multi - instance pattern, if the MQ managers MUST be local, or they CAN be remote.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/be13682_.htm

Other question, if QMGR can be remote, assuming that your message flows mainly contain MQ input and output nodes, would you preffer local or remote MQ?

Last edited by alaychem on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

On IIB 10, you need a local queue manager if you want to use nodes that require me. If not, you don't.

If you need a queue manager under IIB and you set IIB to be MI, then the queue manager must be MI as well.

Using local or remote queue manager for application messages via mq nodes is an application design decision that the use of MI has no impact on.
alaychem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Vitor wrote:

On IIB 10, you need a local queue manager if you want to use nodes that require me

What is "me"?

Vitor wrote:

Using local or remote queue manager for application messages via mq nodes is an application design decision that the use of MI has no impact on.

I know, that's why it's "Other question"
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alaychem wrote:
Vitor wrote:

On IIB 10, you need a local queue manager if you want to use nodes that require me

What is "me"?

MQ when the spell check hates you
alaychem wrote:

Vitor wrote:

I know, that's why it's "Other question"

Okay, I prefer to use remote queue managers for application messages with MQ aware application (including IIB) cliented on to it.

Other topologies are available and may be better in your circumstances.
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

alaychem wrote:
Vitor wrote:

What is "me"?

Probably MQ.

List of nodes that require MQ local to IIB can be found here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ae19570_.htm

We did hear that in App Connect Enterprise (ie IIB v11) that IBM is aiming to reduce the number of nodes that require MQ to be local.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB10 High availability - MQ topology
Jump to: