ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » CERTLABL for IBM MQ client and Queue Manager

CERTLABL for IBM MQ client and Queue Manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
krypton
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: CERTLABL for IBM MQ client and Queue Manager Reply with quote

Disciple

In the IBM Knowledge center, it is mentioned that the CERTLABL should be
ibmwebspheremq<qmgr_name_lower_case>
A default, which is in the format: ibmwebspheremq with the name of the queue manager appended, all in lowercase. For example, for a queue manager named QM1, the default certificate label is ibmwebspheremqqm1.

namehttps://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.sec.doc/q014340_.htm

similar the IBM MQ client CERTLABL should be
ibmwebspheremq<USERID__lower_case>

My question is what if we have different Label Name? and after changing label name for Queue Manager, I noticed this error in our MQ logs,

AMQ9637: Channel is lacking a certificate - SSL problem

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21175024
exerk
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

It now depends on the version of MQ you are using as you can specify a different certificate (by label name) for different channels. I suggest you look more closely at the CERTLABL attribute of channels.

As regards your issue, did you reflect the change in the CERTLABL attribute of the queue manager and refresh SSL security after making the change?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » CERTLABL for IBM MQ client and Queue Manager
Jump to: