ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Extra CRLF in the for the optional message set segment

Extra CRLF in the for the optional message set segment « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
phanish
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Extra CRLF in the for the optional message set segment Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

My message has segments like in below

Quote:
HDR
RECORD(repeating)
RECORD1
RECORD2
RECORD3
TRL

the sub segment 'RECORD3' of the segment 'RECORD' is optional. And only RECORD in the message is repeating, The generated output after ESQL transformation has extra CRLF at RECORD3 even though it's not populated.

1. Input is a CSV file.
2. Output is MRM Flat data, repeating at 'RECORD' segment. so in the message set, I specified physical property "Variable Length Elements Delimited" and delimiter as <CR><LF>.
3. In the ESQL I am not manipulating any CRLF characters.Everything I am handling in the message set.

Could you please help me on how to prevent the extra CRLF for the rows that has actually no actually RECORD3 generated??
Hope you get my problem. I can clarify more if required.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Well I suppose that what you have is the following set up
Code:
HDR termination CRLF
RECORD (Repeating) no termination
 - RECORD1  termination CRLF
 - RECORD2  termination CRLF
 - RECORD3  (optional) termination CRLF
TRL termination CRLF

The extra CRLF with Record 3 missing would be if you have a termination for RECORD with CRLF set up.

Have fun
timber
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you need to look at the option called 'Suppress absent element delimiters'. You may need to model the CRLF as a delimiter (not a terminator) in order to make this option work.
Please note that most people are using DFDL for this sort of thing now. One reason is that DFDL explains what it is doing much better than MRM, so it is much easier to debug your data format specifications.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Extra CRLF in the for the optional message set segment
Jump to: