ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to Integrate Maven with IIB v10 Toolkit

How to Integrate Maven with IIB v10 Toolkit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Animesh
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: How to Integrate Maven with IIB v10 Toolkit Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Guys,
I am newbie to this tech and need help to know about the integration of Maven with IIB Toolkit v10 and how to implement it with projects.I have installed IIB Maven Plugins and unable to build maven with this plugin by using cmd 'mvn clean install'..Pease guide in this regard.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Integrate Maven with IIB v10 Toolkit Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Animesh wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am newbie to this tech and need help to know about the integration of Maven with IIB Toolkit v10 and how to implement it with projects.I have installed IIB Maven Plugins and unable to build maven with this plugin by using cmd 'mvn clean install'..Pease guide in this regard.

Ok, so it didn't work. Great but it would really help to know what went wrong.
At the moment any guidance would be as accurate as sticking a finger up into the air and saying, it is going to rain today when you are in the middle of a desert.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Animesh
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: How to Integrate Maven with IIB v10 Toolkit Reply with quote

Novice

Error is
Failed to collect dependencies at com.ibm.etools.mft.config:ConfigManage
rProxy:jar:9.0.300.v20150305-1357: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.ib
m.etools.mft.config:ConfigManagerProxy:jar:9.0.300.v20150305-1357: Could not tra
nsfer artifact com.ibm.etools.mft.config:ConfigManagerProxy:pom:9.0.300.v2015030
5-1357 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): Connect to repo.m
aven.apache.org:443 [repo.maven.apache.org/151.101.48.215] failed: Connection re
fused: connect -> [Help 1]

I have pasted the ConfigManagerJar then getting following error

No goals have been specified for this build. You must specify a valid li
fecycle phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id
>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases are
: validate, initialize, generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources, p
rocess-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-
sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-
test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test, integration-
test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-cle
an, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.NoGoalSpecifiedException: No goals have been specifie
d for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the form
at <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-ver
sion>]:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-so
urces, process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-
classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, p
rocess-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package
, package, pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify
, install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-site, site
-deploy.
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(Lifecycl
eStarter.java:94)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:863)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:288)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:199)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Laun
cher.java:289)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.jav
a:229)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(La
uncher.java:415)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
356)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoGoalSpecifie
dException
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It sounds like you haven't done some kind of config of Maven in the toolkit workspace.

I've never done anything with Maven, so.

Also you may need extra things installed on the machine outside of toolkit - like some kind of maven client or etc.

I've never done anything with Maven, so.
Animesh
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Novice

In TheToolkit i have install new software from this url 'http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases" and installed m2e-'Maven Integration for Eclipse 1.4.1 and m2e-slf4j over logback logging v 1.4.1' and also provided the location of settings.xml of the maven location to the toolkit.Any other config need to be done then please let me know.
I followed this link to integrate maven with IIB V10.
'http://anandawasthitech.blogspot.com/2015/10/iib-continuousintegration-maven-jenkins.html'
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Re Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Animesh wrote:
I followed this link to integrate maven with IIB V10.

Well that's all very well, but what have you done to actually create the Maven goal (i.e. to build your IIB flow)? The error seems very clear:

Animesh wrote:
Code:

No goals have been specifie
d for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the form
at <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-ver
sion>]:<goal>.

So you've added the Maven plugin to Eclipse (presumably correctly as it's running and throwing errors about the build process) but you've either failed to create the goal, or failed to provide that goal to the software.
Animesh
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Novice

Can you please mention what has to be provided in pom.xml for IIB-Maven Plugin in order to get Goal.Thanks For the Help.

Getting This Error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project iib-maven-plugin: Could not resolve de
pendencies for project ch.sbb.maven.plugins:iib-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:3.4-SN
APSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at com.ibm.etools.mft.config:ConfigManage
rProxy:jar:9.0.300.v20150305-1357: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.ib
m.etools.mft.config:ConfigManagerProxy:jar:9.0.300.v20150305-1357: Could not tra
nsfer artifact com.ibm.etools.mft.config:ConfigManagerProxy:pom:9.0.300.v2015030
5-1357 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): Connect to repo.m
aven.apache.org:443 [repo.maven.apache.org/151.101.48.215] failed: Connection re
fused: connect -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyReso
lutionException
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Re Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Animesh wrote:
Can you please mention what has to be provided in pom.xml for IIB-Maven Plugin in order to get Goal.

Whatever you need to create your Goal.
Animesh
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Novice

For Integration with IIB Maven Plugin in pom.xml what need to be taken as we have many like install,jar,verify..etc. I checked with all no one is working.
Thanks for the help.

<executions>
<execution>
<id>integration-test</id>
<goals>
<goal>install</goal>
<goal>run</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Look, the question was "how to install Maven in IIB Toolkit".

You've done that.

You're much closer to asking "How do I configure Maven", which should really be asked in a Maven forum or etc.

After that, you're asking "How do I configure Maven for my particular projects" or maybe "How do I configure Maven for a general IIB solution".

Nobody can answer "how do I configure Maven for my particular projects" except someone on your team.

I haven't worked with Maven, so I can't answer "How do I configure Maven for a general IIB solution?" There's probably a blog entry somewhere on devworks or a previous post here, or maybe you can adapt an Ant script to fit into your Maven goals.
Animesh
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the help.I am trying to configure Maven with its Goals but getting some version issue.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Re Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Animesh wrote:
getting some version issue.

Well that's not apparent from what you've posted here & I echo the comments of my most worthy associate; you seem to have moved past the integration of Maven with the IIB Toolkit and into the arena of configuring Maven to meet your individual needs. As he correctly says, you'll probably get better quality help in a Maven forum than here.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You may have installed a version of the Maven eclipse plugin that is not compatible with the version of Eclipse in the Toolkit.

That is, you may have installed a newer version or an older version.

Otherwise, I stand by my previous comments.
Animesh
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks For the Help.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

did you get it to work?
If you did, would you care to share the solution here so that others can learn from it?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to Integrate Maven with IIB v10 Toolkit
Jump to: