ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated?

How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
saviobarr
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated? Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi everyone,
I have a message flow, which has a MQInput node as input, converting the message to XMLNSC domain. I found out when I run this same message flow on different OS, the value of Properties.codedCharsetID changes:

- Running on Linux fedora 25 the value is 819
- Running on Ubuntu 16 the value is 1209

I did some research trying to understand how the Message.Properties.CodedCharSetId is populated by default but I couldn't find. My visited this IBM KC, item "How the message tree is populated", but it tells me how Message.Properties.CodedCharSetId is NOT populated .

Reference:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac18520_.htm

Could you guys explain how the Message.Properties.CodedCharSetId is populated by default, pls?

Kind regards

Savio
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Look at the QM default CCSID value maybe?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

saviobarr wrote:
Could you guys explain how the Message.Properties.CodedCharSetId is populated by default, pls?

For an MQInput node, the CCSID is obtained from:

- the MQRFH2 header, if present
- the CCSID field of the MQMD

I agree with my worthy associate - it's highly unlikely that whoever's putting the message is explicitly setting the value, so it will default to whatever the queue manager's default code page is. This theory is reinforced by the values you're getting on the 2 OS systems.

Note that this is set when the message is put, so it's that queue manager in play which may or may not be the queue manager you're reading it from.

Note also that if you've got 2 queue managers and channel level conversion enabled (boo!) then this too affects the CCSID.
saviobarr
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated? Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for replying
Vitor wrote:

For an MQInput node, the CCSID is obtained from:

- the MQRFH2 header, if present
- the CCSID field of the MQMD

I changed the CCSID attribute of the QMGR, using the ALTER QMGR command and now the Properties.codedCharsetID is correct for both environments/SO's

Thanks for helping

Regards

Savio Barros
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

saviobarr wrote:
I changed the CCSID attribute of the QMGR, using the ALTER QMGR command and now the Properties.codedCharsetID is correct for both environments/SO's

Yay you.

Word of caution, mostly for future readers:

If you change the default CCSID, you need to be careful you don't accidently impact other applications using the same queue manager.
saviobarr
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated? Reply with quote

Centurion

Vitor wrote:

Word of caution, mostly for future readers:
If you change the default CCSID, you need to be careful you don't accidently impact other applications using the same queue manager.

Yes. I agree. But in my scenario, since all applications are set to Brazilian Portuguese (arghh), I believe there will be no issues.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How is Properties.codedCharsetID is populated?
Jump to: