ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured by

AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured by « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
balaraju
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured by Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

We see the below error in our full repository cluster queue manager AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured by multiple queue managers

Context : We are moving off from Unix to Linux and in this process we created a new queue manager on Linux with the same name as Unix. But we took care not to start the new one with channels. We used strmqm -ns option while starting the queue manager. Also took a dump of existing queue manager objects and created the same on new queue manager. It has clus receiver channels.

Not sure how the new queue manager got added to the cluster . Is there any chance to remove the new from cluster until we retire the old one?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured b Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

balaraju wrote:
Hi,

We see the below error in our full repository cluster queue manager AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured by multiple queue managers

Context : We are moving off from Unix to Linux and in this process we created a new queue manager on Linux with the same name as Unix. But we took care not to start the new one with channels. We used strmqm -ns option while starting the queue manager. Also took a dump of existing queue manager objects and created the same on new queue manager. It has clus receiver channels.

Not sure how the new queue manager got added to the cluster . Is there any chance to remove the new from cluster until we retire the old one?

Look into the reset cluster command. Make sure you use the QMID option.
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Investigate the RESET CLUSTER command, but I caution you to very carefully read the Knowledge Centre article.

One way of ensuring the 'new' queue manager did not in any way 'join' the cluster would be to have NOT populated the cluster attribute of the channels. You could then have removed the 'old' instance from the cluster (in a proper and controlled manner), populated the cluster-related channels of the 'new', and have it join the cluster.
balaraju
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

i tried the below command
RESET CLUSTER(clus) qmid('qmid') action(FORCEREMOVE) queues(yes). This removed the new queue manager and the old is in the cluster now.

At later point in time, we have to remove this old one and reintroduce the new one. In this case, I'm thinking i have to do below. Please correct me if wrong

1. Remove the old one from the cluster
2. Enable clus sender and receiver channels on the new one

Will this add my new queue manager to the cluster?
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

balaraju wrote:
At later point in time, we have to remove this old one and reintroduce the new one. In this case, I'm thinking i have to do below. Please correct me if wrong

1. Remove the old one from the cluster
2. Enable clus sender and receiver channels on the new one

Will this add my new queue manager to the cluster?

How do you normally add a queue manager to a cluster?

If you're not sure of this, test it in a sand-box environment.
balaraju
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

we created the clus sdr and receiver channels on the queue manager and it gets added after the first communication with the repository i guess
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Quote:
We used strmqm -ns option while starting the queue manager.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q083650_.htm states:
-ns
Prevents any of the following processes from starting automatically when the queue manager starts:
The channel initiator
The command server
Listeners
Services

This does not prevent the message channel agent pooling processes from starting. Therefore channels can be started and run by the qmgr, including cluster sender channels to full repositories. This will advertise the cluster receiver to the cluster.

If you don't want a new qmgr to automatically join a cluster, don't define the cluster channel objects.

FYI. The channel initiator only acts on trigger messages for transmission queues. This is unrelated to what happens when a qmgr joins a cluster.
The Listener only acts on requests from remote qmgrs to start channels.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » AMQ9468: Cluster receiver channel has been configured by
Jump to: