ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Possible to get rid of multipart/form-data header?

Possible to get rid of multipart/form-data header? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Orette
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Possible to get rid of multipart/form-data header? Reply with quote

I'm uploading files using the MIME domain and when I redownload the uploaded file and open it in a text editor, there is a header at the top of the document. For .pdf files, this is fine, as Adobe Reader can seemingly handle this header being there. However, for .xls files, it is an issue, as Excel cannot handle this header. The header looks as follows (minus the numers; I'm just using those to show the white space):

2. --myBoundary

After the header, follows the actual content of the file. If I manually remove this header in Notepad++, the .xls files open as they should.

I did some tinkering with my ESQL and found that I could not remove the line:

Code:
SET OutputRoot.Properties.ContentType = 'multipart/form-data; boundary="myBoundary"';

as that makes it so that my files can no longer upload. Is there any way in ESQL to force the --myBoundary to not appear at the top of my documents when I open them in a text editor, but still have the Content-Type set as multipart/form-data? I have not been able to find an answer yet.

Thank you for your time.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Can a moderator please move this to the Broker forum

Thanks

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

A MIME document consists of several pieces.

If you do not want the MIME headers on the output, then you should only forward the contents of the MIME part you want to use...

see here

For example,
Code:
Set OutputRoot.BLOB.BLOB = InputRoot.MIME.Parts.Part.Data.BLOB.BLOB

Orette
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your assistance. Interestingly enough, it helped me arrive at the realization that I did not need a MIME at all! Although indirect, it was definitely still a huge help.

Thank you for your time.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Possible to get rid of multipart/form-data header?
Jump to: