ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » File processing for FILEOUTPUT NODE

File processing for FILEOUTPUT NODE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
satms
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: File processing for FILEOUTPUT NODE Reply with quote

Hello,

I 've been working on BLOB Message to process the data using the FILENODE, Each file will have only 2 record, Header and Body content.

Eg: i have 20 files in Input folder i want to create 2 different output like 10 records in one file and other 10 in other files.

Tried with time stamp but creating 20 multiple files.

Message Flow
File_Input>Compute>File_Output.
Below are the code.
-- propagate the End of Data message to the Finish File terminal
IF messageCount = 10 THEN
SET messageCount = 0;
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Directory = 'C:\Testing\output\';
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Name = CurrentTimeStamp ||'_output.txt';
RETURN TRUE;
ELSE
RETURN FALSE;
END IF;

How Can i implement this,,?? Like i need to create the files with run time

Please Help me out in solving This, Thanks in advance.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You face a number of issues:

- it's highly unlikely you're going to process all 20 files within the same value of CurrentTimeStamp
- even if you did, each input file counts as a different transaction to the broker so it won't be within the same scope.

Your best chance is choose some less dynamic file name (like the day) and append each of the files to it. How you work out you've processed all the input files so can pass the 2 files you've created to the following processing step will be your next challenge.

Alternatively you could use OS facilities to sort all the files together, read them as a single input file and write out 2 files simultaneously.

Best of all, you could fix this design so you didn't have to tie your code in knots to make it work.
adubya
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Feed the FileInput node data into a collector node which is configured to batch up inputs into, errrr, batches ? Then process that consolidated collection to generate the output files you need.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

A very poor idea is to use a separate flow to aggregate files together from one location, and then write out a file with all records where the next flow can read it.

A very good idea is to apply pressure to the sending app to stop using files in the first place.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » File processing for FILEOUTPUT NODE
Jump to: