ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Route Node error in Filter Pattern in IIB 10

Route Node error in Filter Pattern in IIB 10 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
johkar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Route Node error in Filter Pattern in IIB 10 Reply with quote

Novice

We just upgraded to 10.0.0.6 Toolkit from 8.0.0.6. I have a few flows that use a Route Node in which I now get an error in my workspace:

"The $LocalEnvironment/XSL20/Params/Method = 'printPreview' XPath is using the element name XSL20 to access the duplicate elements, which is not supported when running in the namespace-aware mode."

The Route node's Filter Pattern is set to:
$LocalEnvironment/XSL20/Params/Method = 'printPreview'

It doesn't like the 'XSL20' in the xPath because if I take it out the error goes away. In ESQL I know you can use quotes InputLocalEnvironment.service."myproperty.has.periods.in.it" to get around such things but that doesn't seem to work in the Filter Pattern of the Route Node.

The simple answer would be to not use 'XSL20' in the Filter Pattern by storing it elsewhere in the LocalEnvironment...I can certainly do that and move on. However I'm looking for options as we use this location in a custom node.

We have a custom XSL node which implements the Saxon parser. The node also has an option to pass any parameters that developers store under '$LocalEnvironment/XSL20/Params' to the XSLT so they can be used during the transform. So in short there could be other flows with this same issue...though there may not be any that are using a Route Node with the Filter Pattern containing 'XSL20'. I'm just using the location in the Route Node because it was already set...I can easily change it.

Is this behavior a bug?
Is there a way to override this error and still deploy?
If we can override it I'm concerned about masking errors in other areas that the developers would need to know about?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Route Node error in Filter Pattern in IIB 10 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

johkar wrote:
We have a custom XSL node which implements the Saxon parser.

I've got to ask - why a custom node? What's insufficient about the built in facilities??

Turning to your problem, have you considered associating the XSL20 location with the XMLNSC domain, and giving IIB a namespace aware parser to chew with? Not saying it will help, but it's my suggestion.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Why are there duplicate elements?

Which elements is it complaining about as being duplicate?

Does XSL20 have a namespace with it?
johkar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Route Node error in Filter Pattern in IIB 10 Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
johkar wrote:
We have a custom XSL node which implements the Saxon parser.

I've got to ask - why a custom node? What's insufficient about the built in facilities??

Turning to your problem, have you considered associating the XSL20 location with the XMLNSC domain, and giving IIB a namespace aware parser to chew with? Not saying it will help, but it's my suggestion.

I don't really want to have to change the node at this point.but your point on XMLNSC is taken. I don't think we will run into many issues as is except in the Routing or Filtering nodes

As to why a custom node...I knew someone was going to ask that. haha

At the time of implementing Broker V8 we were moving from an older less robust ESB but we were all in on XSLT 2.0 for the transformations because many are very complex and we use the 2.0+ functions. We needed to convert all our 'flows' to Broker without totally rewriting that piece. V8 didn't support 2.0 via the XSL node and it was problematic passing params to transforms. There were some other reasons that are company-specific why it makes sense. We understood the risk of going with custom nodes but haven't had any issues until we did this major upgrade to IIB10. As it is my issue is easily resolved but I wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks
johkar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

mqjeff wrote:
Why are there duplicate elements?

Which elements is it complaining about as being duplicate?

Does XSL20 have a namespace with it?

There are no duplicate elements; there is only one entry in the LocalEnvironment with that name. Plus this error isn't at runtime, it appears when the Toolkit validates the project. The Toolkit is confused with the use of 'XSL20' for some reason.

XSL20 - fail
XSL - pass
xsl20 - pass
abc20 - pass

Seems like a bug because you should be able to set a value anywhere in the local environment right??? It isn't XML, JSON or any other parser...I'm just storing a value there for later. I can work around it because I can set the value elsewhere for the Route Node.

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Route Node error in Filter Pattern in IIB 10
Jump to: