ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Pub/Sub - Unable to establish hierarchy

Pub/Sub - Unable to establish hierarchy « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Pub/Sub - Unable to establish hierarchy Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I'm working on a Pub/Sub POC at the moment involving:

PARENT - z/OS MQ V8.0.0.0
CHILD - RHEL MQ V7.5.0.6

ALTER QMGR PARENT(<z/OS qmgr name>) in the Linux qmgr lights up the SDR and the z/OS queue manager is sending back an acknowledgement, but, the ack messages are dead-queuing with MQRC 2035 - the z/OS system ID is being contextually presented as the one to use for the SYSTEM.BROKER.INTER.BROKER.COMMUNICATION queue.

On the RCVR channel of the Linux qmgr we have PUTAUT(DEF) and also tried MCAUSER(mqm) but still the contextual ID is being used - or so it seems.

As a cut-out test I created a Linux and Windows hierarchy (Linux V.8.0.0.5, Linux V9.0.1, and Windows V9.0.1), all with PUTAUT(DEF) and blank MCAUSER values - all works as advertised, so I am at a loss to understand why the issue is happening in the POC.

Of note, and not sure whether it has any bearing, the POC Linux qmgr was created in Restricted Mode (don't ask me why, I'm only the hired help around here).

I feel that I'm missing something blindingly obvious here, but I just can't see it so would appreciated any pointers.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Try PUTAUT(ONLYMCA) on the zOS channels.

It's not *entirely* a guess...

Also can you see the userid and altuser id in the DLQ message? And other such relevant info?
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mqjeff wrote:
Also can you see the userid and altuser id in the DLQ message?

The userid in the DLQd message is that of the z/OS queue manager and we have just tried this on a Linux V8.0 queue manager and got the same result. There does not seem to be any other useful info in the DLH.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Pub/Sub - Unable to establish hierarchy
Jump to: