ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect integration node to SQL Server db using odbc

Connect integration node to SQL Server db using odbc « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

wmqstankela wrote:
GetEmployeeWorkHours procedure is select query into SQL Server db. Query return 3 columns with many rows. How to store this result into message tree?

set abc=call
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I've tried that and got syntax error:
Syntax error. Valid options include: = - ( + .NET CASE CAST COUNT CURRENT_DATE CURRENT_GMTDATE CURRENT_GMTTIME CURRENT_GMTTIMESTAMP CURRENT_TIME CURRENT_TIMESTAMP DATE DECIMAL EVAL EXISTS EXTRACT FALSE FOR GMTTIME GMTTIMESTAMP IDENTIFIER INTERVAL LIST LOCAL_TIMEZONE LOG MAX MIN NOT NULL OVERLAY PARSE PASSTHRU POSITION RAND ROUND ROW SELECT SIMPLE_FUNCTION SUBSTRING SUM THE TIME TIMESTAMP TRIM TRUE UNKNOWN URLENCODE UUIDASBLOB UUIDASCHAR
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I've added DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 1 into CREATE PROCEDURE statement and CALL GetEmployeeWorkHours(empId, dateFrom, dateTo, OutputLocalEnvironment.RetVal[]);

Thank you all for help!
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wmqstankela wrote:
I've added DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 1 into CREATE PROCEDURE statement and CALL GetEmployeeWorkHours(empId, dateFrom, dateTo, OutputLocalEnvironment.RetVal[]);

Be aware that with a large result set, this (valid) construction will result in heavy memory & CPU use.

If you don't expect a large result set, this probably isn't a problem. But I'd recommend you add something to the stored procedure so that it can't return an unexpectedly large amount of data.

For example, someone accidentally sets dateFrom and dateTo 15 years apart. Or someone inserts the same combination of empId and whatever date the range is checked against 10,000 times due to an application bug.
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks Vitor on your suggestion.

I don't expect to large result set, but you are totally right. I can't make any changes on stored procedure.

First I tried to use:
SET OutputRoot.XML.ResultSet[] = CALL GetEmployeeWorkHours(empId,dateFrom,dateTo);

and CREATE PROCEDURE without DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 1

but I've got syntax error. How can I store this result set without using dinamic result set?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wmqstankela wrote:
Thanks Vitor on your suggestion.

I don't expect to large result set, but you are totally right. I can't make any changes on stored procedure.

First I tried to use:
SET OutputRoot.XML.ResultSet[] = CALL GetEmployeeWorkHours(empId,dateFrom,dateTo);

and CREATE PROCEDURE without DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 1

but I've got syntax error. How can I store this result set without using dinamic result set?

Don't know that you can... The whole purpose of the procedure is to return a dynamic result set... and you said you could not change the procedure. I assume you mean the SQL procedure, not its definition in ESQL...
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

If you can't change the stored procedure, you're probably stuck

I'm sure you don't expect a large result set. Either of the scenarios I've mentioned will give you one. It might be worth mentioning that to whoever owns the stored procedure and making sure they insert proper safety code for you.

And if they say

Quote:
we don't need to change the stored procedure because that will never happen

get it in writing, on paper and keep it safe so when it does happen and your code blows out, you can just wave it at them & say, "not my problem".
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I will restrict values of input parameters inside Compute node for maximum a month period of time. This is enough for my requirements and will limit result set to appropriate size.

Thanks again Vitor and fjb_saper!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

wmqstankela wrote:
This is enough for my requirements and will limit result set to appropriate size.

Any date based size is subject to being overwhelmingly large, either from a large set of incoming data, or from a programmer who coded a loop wrong.

Better to figure out some way to page through the data...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect integration node to SQL Server db using odbc
Jump to: