ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Multi-Instance With MQ cluster

Multi-Instance With MQ cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kalam475
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Multi-Instance With MQ cluster Reply with quote

Acolyte

I Want to leverage both the worlds of Multi instance queue manager for HA and MQ cluster for workload balancing.

I have two systems which have two multi instance queue managers created and both are full repositories in the cluster. Now I want to connect to the queue manager through the WebSphere application server.

In order to acheive workload balancing I would like not to create a connection to the single qmgr so I create a client connection channels with the qmgr group name. so while creating a queue connection factory ideally i would use the CCDT which will take care of connecting to any queue manager in the group.

My problem here is if I use the CCDT files to create a connection to QMGR my XA transaction will take a hit according to this article

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IV32387

so if i want to connect to a queue manger group through WAS other than CCDT is there any workaround to still acheive workload balancing i.e. randomly create a connection to any one of queue manager in group.

there is connectionNamelist option there which i can use in which i have to mention both the active passive ip addresses like "server1(1414),server2(1414),server1(1415),server2(1415)" and left the svrconn blank which uses the default SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN channel in qmgr name i have to mention the "*QMGRGroupName". is this good way of acheving the Workload balancing

is there any other way? Please help
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

The right way for you would probably to be creating a queue manager on the WAS box for a "bindings" connection. This queue manager would then be a PR in the cluster and send messages to the cluster. The messages will be balanced through round robing....
Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Multi-Instance With MQ cluster
Jump to: