ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Need to disable monitoring events run time automatically

Need to disable monitoring events run time automatically « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
muthu121521
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Need to disable monitoring events run time automatically Reply with quote

Apprentice

We have a requirement to disable the monitoring events when we are retrying to consume the back end service
We are setting the shared variable but we are not sure how to access the shared variable in the xpath build expression on event filter feature ?
has any one already implemented it ?
adubya
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Can't you perform the filtering in whatever downstream system is using the monitoring data ?
neeeelus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to disable monitoring events run time automatically Reply with quote

Novice

muthu121521 wrote:
We have a requirement to disable the monitoring events when we are retrying to consume the back end service ?

Can you elaborate more on this?
muthu121521 wrote:
We are setting the shared variable but we are not sure how to access the shared variable in the xpath build expression on event filter feature ??

Shared Variables cant be accessed using xpath in monitoring profiles
muthu121521 wrote:
has any one already implemented it ?

Tried and failed to get the shared variable, what you can do is set the shared variable to environment and you can access that environment variable in xpath
muthu121521
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

//Tried and failed to get the shared variable, what you can do is set the shared variable to environment and you can access that environment variable in xpath//
I tried this option
when i tried to implement this option it is giving me the warning message

I set an environment variable called EventFilterFlag ,even this is giving me the below warning message

Event Filter: The FALSE element in XPath contains($Environment/Variables/EventFilterFlag,FALSE) was not found in the XML Schema.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

muthu121521 wrote:
Event Filter: The FALSE element in XPath contains($Environment/Variables/EventFilterFlag,FALSE) was not found in the XML Schema.

Which it isn't. So the Toolkit gives you a warning.

If it should be in the schema then the warning is an indication you need to check your spelling. If it's not (as here) then you need to test it to see if you've spent it right.
muthu121521
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have tested it and i have verified the variable $Environment/Variables/EventFilterFlag , its being set and i am able to see the value as false in debug , but the issue is we are not able to see any emits being emitted and captured in the data store at all ?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

muthu121521 wrote:
its being set and i am able to see the value as false in debug , but the issue is we are not able to see any emits being emitted and captured in the data store at all ?

User trace. The debugger can see it but can the runtime? What does the trace say when it's trying to resolve it?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Need to disable monitoring events run time automatically
Jump to: