ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » MQ not honoring MQGMO_PROPERTIES_IN_HANDLE

MQ not honoring MQGMO_PROPERTIES_IN_HANDLE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: MQ not honoring MQGMO_PROPERTIES_IN_HANDLE Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

All,

Since my issue was long and involved, I wrote it up as a blog posting here: http://www.capitalware.com/rl_blog/?p=4143

Summary: For an MQGET with the option of MQGMO_PROPERTIES_IN_HANDLE on a subscription, MQ does not honor the option when a message is published from an MQTT client. Note: This does not happen when a regular MQ client program publishes a message to the same topic.

Please read the blog. But basically, if I
- set the option of MQGMO_PROPERTIES_IN_HANDLE then I get an MQRFH2 message with 1 folder and 1 Named Property.
- set the option of MQGMO_PROPERTIES_FORCE_MQRFH2 then I get an MQRFH2 message with 2 folders and zero Named Properties.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Roger,
Your blog shows the gmo option properties in handle as an MQGMO option.
Is there and equivalent MQSUB option?
I am thinking here that you need to set the option at the subscription level and not at the get message i.e. GMO level. The option is set on the subscription at the (administrative) subscription.

Have you tried creating a Topic object (programmatically with topic object = null) with int option property in handle? I know that property is not in the list given here. However I'd just try it an see what happens when you use that Topic object you create on the fly as destination to read from...

Lest us know how you fared...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » MQ not honoring MQGMO_PROPERTIES_IN_HANDLE
Jump to: