ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » iSeries, OpenVMS, HP-NSS » MQ/FTE Agent on i-Series does not start

MQ/FTE Agent on i-Series does not start « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mq_population
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: MQ/FTE Agent on i-Series does not start Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All

We have an issue where MQ/FTE Agent running on I-Series is not starting up.

The error in log files is as follows -

WebSphere MQ Components:
Common Services for Java Platform, Standard Edition / 7.0.1.9 / k701-109-120
************* End Display Current Environment *************
[16/12/2016 14:48:41:493 CET] 00000001 Agent I BFGAG0157I: The additioonal function in Fix Pack 7.0.4.3 has been enabled for this agent.
[16/12/2016 14:48:42:207 CET] 00000001 Agent I BFGAG0114I: No suitable e root directory can be found for transfers that specify a relative path. This agent will not accept transfers that specify a relative paths.
[16/12/2016 14:48:42:226 CET] 00000001 AgentRuntime I BFGAG0058I: The agent has successfully initialized.
[16/12/2016 14:48:43:472 CET] 00000011 AgentRecovery W BFGAG0048W: A client trransport mode connection cannot be established to queue manager 'XXXXXX' on host 'XXXXX', port 'YYYY' and using channel 'CCCCCC'. The reason code is 2059. The agent will retry the operation every 30 sec
************End of Data********************

The Queue Manager is up and running , Listener is running .
I am able to open runmqsc prompts as well . But the agent fails to connect to MQ. No errors in MQ logs or any FDC files to indicate anything wrong with MQ.

Can anyone suggest any action please.

MQ Version - 7.0.1.13
FTE Version - 7.0.4.3
OS - R7V1M0
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
The additional function in Fix Pack 7.0.4.3 has been enabled for this agent.

Did you just apply a FixPack? If so, was this setup working before the FP was applied? What steps have you taken to verify that there is client connectivity to the queue manager?
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: MQ/FTE Agent on i-Series does not start Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mq_population wrote:
The Queue Manager is up and running , Listener is running .
I am able to open runmqsc prompts as well . But the agent fails to connect to MQ. No errors in MQ logs or any FDC files to indicate anything wrong with MQ.

A 2059 is a connection issue. You're not getting as far as the queue manager, so there's nothing in the logs. Likewise using runmqsc (which doesn't connect as a client) isn't probative in this instance.

mq_population wrote:
Can anyone suggest any action please.

The usual action for a 2059 - find out why the connection's not working. First suspicion has to be the network - check for firewalls or other components that would be blocking traffic between the agent and the queue manager.
mq_population
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Quote:
A 2059 is a connection issue. You're not getting as far as the queue manager, so there's nothing in the logs.

Thanks . That tip worked well . It is resolved now (not permanently but I have a work-around !!).

Quote:
Did you just apply a FixPack? If so, was this setup working before the FP was applied? What steps have you taken to verify that there is client connectivity to the queue manager?

Nopes - no fix packs. Client connection via MQ Explorer works.
It is resolved now . Thanks.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Care to explain the resolution, for the benefit of future readers?
mq_population
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Quote:
Care to explain the resolution, for the benefit of future readers?

Sure !!

The issue was related to SSL channels , as a work-around , I removed the SSL parameters from the Channel (Or use a new one) , changed FTE configurations and restarted QFTE subsystem .

Thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » iSeries, OpenVMS, HP-NSS » MQ/FTE Agent on i-Series does not start
Jump to: